In response to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) outbreak, Thermo Fisher Scientific has worked rapidly to develop a multiplex real-time PCR diagnostic kit to enable clinical and public health laboratories to quickly diagnose COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Get your supply from the leader in COVID‑19 testing
TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit targets 3 areas of SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Built-in redundancy (3 targets) compensates for emerging SARS-CoV-2 mutations and variants, helping provide confidence in your results
- Targets areas unique to SARS-CoV-2* virus to reduce detection of other coronaviruses
*GISAID and GenBank databases as of May 7, 2021
This test uses a multi-target design that includes an S-gene target. If a sample with the 69-70del S-gene mutation is tested using the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit, it will result in an S-gene dropout. The European CDC and U.S. FDA have noted this pattern of detection may help with early identification of the Alpha variant (B.1.1.7)
Concerned about the impact of new variants on your COVID-19 test performance? There is peace of mind with the TaqPath COVID-19 2.0 Assays.
Prepare yourself for flu season with the TaqPath COVID-19, Flu A, Flu B Combo Kit, a single test to detect and differentiate between SARS-CoV-2, influenza A, and influenza B.
Authorized on some of the most-used real-time PCR instruments in the world
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Dx Real-Time PCR instrument
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR Instrument
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-Time PCR Instrument
- QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR Instrument, 96-well, 0.2 mL block
- QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR Instrument, 96-well, 0.1 mL block
- QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR Instrument, 384-well block
- QuantStudio 7 Flex Real-Time PCR Instrument, 384-well block
Authorized for use with six specimen types, requiring only 200 to 400 μL of sample
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)
- Mid-turbinate swabs
- Nasal swabs
- Nasopharyngeal swabs
- Nasopharyngeal aspirate (nasal aspirate)
- Oropharyngeal swabs
Intended use of this workflow may vary. To view approved workflow in your region, please refer to the Instructions for Use (IFU) for your product.
Clinical Evaluation of the TaqPath COVID‑19 CE‑IVD RT‑PCR Kit for Detection of SARS-CoV-2
This technical bulletin discusses a study conducted to determine the clinical performance of the TaqPath COVID‑19 CE‑IVD RT‑PCR Kit. The study compared results obtained with the Cobas SARS‑CoV-2 Test or the TaqPath COVID‑19 CE‑IVD RT‑PCR Kit from a total of 446 retrospective upper respiratory samples from patients of all ages.
Applied Biosystems COVID-19 Interpretive Software EUA Edition
Decrease analysis and interpretation time and help reduce risk of user interpretation error with our COVID-19 Interpretive Software EUA Edition. This software automatically converts genetic analysis data into a readable report.
You may download the COVID-19 Interpretive Software EUA Edition upon kit purchase. Labs following the authorized workflow are required to complete an eLearning course and pass an exam to download. Follow the instructions below to obtain the software from your local support team:
- Go to thermofisher.com/contactus
- Select “Instrument Service” as category
- Enter product name or SKU and select your country
- Call the local number displayed on the screen
Understanding the differences between two of the leading testing technologies
PCR and RADT are two testing technologies used to detect COVID-19. It’s important to understand what they each do best and how their attributes fit your testing scenario. Here is a helpful infographic that summarizes their differences.
Learn more about SARS-CoV-2 biology and COVID-19 testing
Learn about SARS-CoV-2 infection and replication, disease progression and spread of COVID-19, and the importance and types of COVID-19 testing