Oncomine Focus Assay
A solid tumor next-generation sequencing assay for biomarker analysis
The Oncomine™ Focus Assay is a targeted, multi-biomarker assay that enables you to target hotspots, SNVs, indels, CNVs, and gene fusions from DNA and RNA in a single workflow.
Designed for clinical and translational cancer research, the Oncomine Focus Assay leverages Ion AmpliSeq™ technology to enable robust results, low input amounts, and analysis of low quality samples, and is compatible with FFPE fine needle aspirates and core needle biopsies.
- Simultaneous detection of hundreds of variants across 52 genes relevant to solid tumors
- Targets relevant hotspots, SNVs, indels, CNVs, and gene fusions from DNA or RNA in a single workflow
- Includes solid tumor genes targeted by on-market oncology drugs and published evidence
- Content driven by the Oncomine™ Knowledgebase, which includes content aligned to approved therapies and indications
Oncomine Focus Assay gene list
- Reproducible and sensitive detection of variants across multiple cancer types
- Compatible with as little as 10 ng sample, including FFPE fine needle biopsies and core needle aspirates
- Enables results from up to 6 samples per run for DNA and RNA in a single workflow
- NGS results in days rather than weeks, leveraging Ion Torrent™ sequencing technology and the Ion S5™ System or the Ion PGM™ System
- Includes Ion Select consumables and reagents manufactured to rigorous standards in our ISO 13485-compliant facility
Analytical performance summary
Across variant types, the Oncomine Focus Assay achieves high sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility using clinical research samples sequenced on the Ion S5 System.
|Variant type||Sample||Sensitivity||PPV (specificity)||Two-operator reproducibility|
|Fusion||TriFusion, QMRC-HD784, FFPE tumor samples||97.70%||100%||97.60%|
|Copy number gain||FFPE tumor samples||96.40%||[100%]||96.20%|
AOHC: Thermo Scientific™ AcroMetrix™ Oncology Hotspot Control (analytical control)
QMRC: Quantitative Multiplex Reference Standard (commercially available cell line mix)
TriFusion: Analytical control (cell line mix)
Features enabled with Oncomine informatics:
- Prioritize relevant variants, reducing calls from hundreds to just a few
- Identify likely cancer driver variants
- Quickly create custom, lab-generated reports
- Driver and prevalence for individual variants
- Summary files for cancer type
- Pre-rendered supplementary information tables
The Oncomine NGS oncology workflow enables you to go from hundreds of variants down to few relevant cancer drivers, with a report including interpretation of the findings
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.