Oncomine Focus Assay
A solid tumor next-generation sequencing assay for biomarker analysis
The Oncomine™ Focus Assay is a targeted, multi-biomarker assay that enables you to target hotspots, SNVs, indels, CNVs, and gene fusions from DNA and RNA in a single workflow.
Designed for clinical and translational cancer research, the Oncomine Focus Assay leverages Ion AmpliSeq™ technology to enable robust results, low input amounts, and analysis of low quality samples, and is compatible with FFPE fine needle aspirates and core needle biopsies.
- Simultaneous detection of hundreds of variants across 52 genes relevant to solid tumors
- Targets relevant hotspots, SNVs, indels, CNVs, and gene fusions from DNA or RNA in a single workflow
- Includes solid tumor genes targeted by on-market oncology drugs and published evidence
- Content driven by the Oncomine™ Knowledgebase, which includes content aligned to approved therapies and indications
Oncomine Focus Assay gene list
Comparison of Oncomine assay and Ion AmpliSeq panel content
Targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS) is empowering laboratories of all sizes to confidently pioneer breakthroughs in cancer research. At the core of these breakthroughs are assays and panels designed to achieve highly sensitive results from minimal sample input—to help deliver information that may lead to the next companion diagnostic test or therapy in the future.
Clinical cancer research requires countless decisions. Of critical importance are the decisions you make about assay content. This comparison of the Oncomine™ assay and Ion AmpliSeq™ panel content is designed to help you tailor your content choices.
- Reproducible and sensitive detection of variants across multiple cancer types
- Compatible with as little as 10 ng sample, including FFPE fine needle biopsies and core needle aspirates
- Enables results from up to 6 samples per run for DNA and RNA in a single workflow
- NGS results in days rather than weeks, leveraging Ion Torrent™ sequencing technology and the Ion S5™ System or the Ion PGM™ System
- Includes Ion Select consumables and reagents manufactured to rigorous standards in our ISO 13485-compliant facility
Analytical performance summary
Across variant types, the Oncomine Focus Assay achieves high sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility using clinical research samples sequenced on the Ion S5 System.
|Variant type||Sample||Sensitivity||PPV (specificity)||Two-operator reproducibility|
|Fusion||TriFusion, QMRC-HD784, FFPE tumor samples||97.70%||100%||97.60%|
|Copy number gain||FFPE tumor samples||96.40%||[100%]||96.20%|
AOHC: Thermo Scientific™ AcroMetrix™ Oncology Hotspot Control (analytical control)
QMRC: Quantitative Multiplex Reference Standard (commercially available cell line mix)
TriFusion: Analytical control (cell line mix)
Features enabled with Oncomine informatics:
- Prioritize relevant variants, reducing calls from hundreds to just a few
- Identify likely cancer driver variants
- Quickly create custom, lab-generated reports
- Driver and prevalence for individual variants
- Summary files for cancer type
- Pre-rendered supplementary information tables
The Oncomine NGS oncology workflow enables you to go from hundreds of variants down to few relevant cancer drivers, with a report including interpretation of the findings
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.