|Supported operating systems||Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)—Professional, Enterprise, and Education editions
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)—Professional and Enterprise editions
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)—Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions
|Hard drive||Solid-state drive (SSD) with 14 GB disk space|
|Processor||Quad-core (or dual-core with four logical processors), 2 GHz or faster|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
|USB ports available||1|
|Graphics processing unit||Dedicated|
|Monitor||SXGA monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution|
When this installation package is downloaded into a PC, the .zip file is stored in the computer’s “Downloads” folder. Windows 10 operating system has a unique way of handling of these .zip files. Therefore certain issues need to be noticed when SkanIt software is being installed from the .zip file:
- You must extract the contents of the .zip folder before running the installation. See step-by-step instructions below.
- With Windows 10, if you start the installation directly from the content of the .zip file without file extraction, it may lead to the failure of the SkanIt installation process
1. When SkanIt Software installation package had been downloaded it is stored in computer’s Downloads folder
2. As shown, folder type is “Compressed (zipped) folder” and that needs to be decompressed before running the installation.
3. Select the compressed folder and click with mouse right button to open function list. From there select “Extract All”.
4. Select the destination folder where compressed folders and files are extracted and click “Extract”.
5. Files and folders are extracted and the real files are shown in destination folder.
6. Select setup from this folder to start SkanIt installation.