Fingertight zero-dead volume HPLC fittings and kits
Thermo Scientific Viper and nanoViper HPLC fittings, connectors, tubing, and kits allow you to quickly connect HPLC modules, valves, and columns for leak-free connections that improve chromatographic results by minimizing dead volume. Viper and nanoViper fittings systems and kits require no tools for installation, fit narrow connections (e.g., 10-port valves), and combine simplicity with high performance.
We offer the following HPLC fittings, tubing, connections, and workflow kits:
- Viper fingertight fitting systems, which are intended for HPLC and UHPLC and seal at the tip of the tubing and virtually eliminate dead volume, making it easier to plumb your HPLC or UHPLC system without any tools for reproducible leak-free connections to pressures up to 1500 bar. The Viper Fingertight fittings are reusable and available as stainless steel (SST) UHPLC fittings or as biocompatible PEEK HPLC fittings and alloy MP35N UHPLC fittings.
- nanoViper fingertight fittings systems, which are fused silica UHPLC fittings - Avoid data-corrupting dead volumes in the capillary connections of your nano HPLC systems. The nanoViper Fingertight fitting system are reusable and consist of PEEK-shielded fused silica tubing and fingertight seal fittings.
- UHPLC and HPLC connection kits with Viper fingertight fittings for Vanquish UHPLC systems and UltiMate 3000 HPLC systems, which contain all the HPLC connectors and capillaries needed for running standard or advanced workflows with your HPLC and LC-MS systems.
- Application kits with nanoLC fittings, which contain all the necessary zero dead volume fittings and capillaries for connecting your UltiMate 3000 RSLCnano system to Thermo Scientific Orbitrap or triple quadrupole mass spectrometer depending on your nanoLC application requirement.
- Viper Fingertight Fittings for HPLC and UHPLC systems
- Biocompatible Viper Fingertight Fittings for HPLC and UHPLC systems
- nanoViper Fingertight Fittings for UHPLC systems
- HPLC/UHPLC connection kits with Viper Fingertight Fittings for Vanquish UHPLC systems and UltiMate 3000 HPLC systems
- nanoViper Application kits for UltiMate 3000 RSLCnano HPLC systems
- HPLC/UHPLC accessories and customizable products
- HPLC and UHPLC systems
Achieve better HPLC and UHPLC connections with Viper and nanoViper Fingertight fittings
1) Fingertight: Easy installation and fingertight up to 1500 bar.
2) Removable knurl: Easy to grip and easy to remove, taking up less space to fit the tightest gaps.
3) ID color code: Easy visualization with color-coded tags for quick ID recognition.
4) Identification tag: Quickly locate important information such as part number, material, length and ID dimensions.
5) Robustness: withstands high temperatures up to 120 °C and is available in biocompatible materials.
6) More options: A variety of materials and dimensions (length and ID) available for nearly every system and application.
7) Universal connections: Compatible with most columns and valves and small enough to fit in the most confined spaces, such as on 10-port valves.
8) Virtually zero dead volume: Seals at the tip of the tubing to minimize extra column volumes for higher efficiency and better chromatography–no more tailing peaks.
Conventional vs Viper fittings
Conventional fittings often create extra-column volumes by incorrect positioning of the ferrule or by the capillary slipping through the ferrule when subjected to high pressures. The chromatogram demonstrates deteriorated peak shape caused by a slipped capillary at a backpressure of only 600 bar (8700 psi).
Featured Viper fingertight fittings
Check which HPLC connections fit your HPLC, UHPLC, or nano LC systems
HPLC and UHPLC fittings
Our HPLC and UHPLC fittings seal at the tip of the tubing, virtually eliminating dead volumes and making it easier to plumb your HPLC or UHPLC system without any tools for reproducible leak-free connections on pressures up to 1500 bar.
Our HPLC and UHPLC fittings, connections, tubing, crosses, tees, and kits are reusable and available in stainless steel (SST), PEEK and a biocompatible alloy (MP35N). The nanoViper HPLC fittings consist of PEEK-shielded fused silica tubing and a fingertight sealing fitting. Find specific fittings and capillaries or purchase complete solution kits for your nano LC system or applications.
Overview of Viper fingertight fitting system
|PEEK-shielded fused silica|
|PEEK, SST||PEEK||PEEK, MP35N||PEEK, fused silica|
|1310 bar||345 bar||1500 bar||1200 bar|
Viper nut threading
|Compatible with 10-32 threaded ports|
|0.79 mm (1/32")|
Inner diameter (ID)
|100 µm (0.004")
130 µm (0.005")
180 µm (0.007")
|65 µm (0.0025")
90 µm (0.0035")
130 µm (0.005")
|100 µm (0.004")
130 µm (0.005")
180 µm (0.007")
|10 µm (0.0004")
20 µm (0.0008")
50 µm (0.0020")
75 µm (0.0030")
100 µm (0.004")
150 µm (0.006")
|65 mm to 950 mm||65 mm to 850 mm||65 mm to 950 mm||70 mm to 1100 mm
Order all of the fittings and capillaries for your application in a single kit. These kits contain all the components to effortlessly plumb your system from start to finish.
|= Not applicable||= Poor||= Good||= Better||= Best|
HPLC fittings, HPLC connectors, and workflow kits
Stainless steel fittings in a range of lengths and interior diameters. Compatible with virtually any common column and valve type, and suitable for system pressures of up to 1310 bar (19,000 psi).
|Length (mm)||100 µm ID 0.004 in. ID||130 µm ID 0.005 in. ID||180 µm ID 0.007 in. ID|
These HPLC and UHPLC fittings are available in a variety of lengths and diameters and are biocompatible.
|Length (mm)||65 µm ID 0.0025 in. ID PEEK||90 µm ID 0.0035 in ID PEEK||130 µm ID 0.005 in. ID PEEK||100 µm ID 0.004 in. ID MP35N||130 µm ID 0.005 in. ID MP35N||180 µm ID 0.007 in. ID MP35N|
|65||—||6041.9075 (L 75 mm)||—||6042.2306||—||—|
These nano-, capillary-, and micro-flow UHPLC fittings are designed to overcome the drawbacks of conventional fittings to ensure perfect and easy connections for maximum performance and robustness with low-flow LC.
|Length (mm)||10 µm ID 0.0004 in. ID||20 µm ID 0.0008 in. ID||50 µm ID 0.002 in. ID||75 µm ID 0.003 in. ID||100 µm ID 0.004 in. ID||150 µm ID 0.006 in. ID|
|150||6041.5118 (L 180 mm)||6041.5121||6041.5124||6041.5127||6041.5811||6041.5818|
Viper application kits
For easy setup dedicated Viper application kits contain all the capillaries needed for advanced analytical LC applications:
- Automated Method Scouting
- Online SPE
- Tandem LC
- And more!
Avoid data-destroying dead volumes when connecting your LC and LC-MS systems. Find all your necessary HPLC capillary connections, tubing, and fittings here with our comprehensive workflow kits for different HPLC and UHPLC systems. These kits contain all the connectors and capillaries you need and ensures consistently perfect connections. Please note that special instrument configurations are required for certain kits.
|Description||UltiMate 3000 SD system||UltiMate 3000 RS system||Vanquish (Duo) HPLC systems|
|Viper Capillary Kit for LPG, DGP or ISO pumps||6040.2302||6040.2301||—|
|Viper Capillary Kit for HPG pumps||6040.2309||6040.2308||—|
|Viper Capillary Kit for Biocompatible RS systems||—||6841.2301||—|
|MS Connection Kit for systems without UV detector||6720.0355||6720.0370||—|
|MS Connection Kit for systems with UV detector||6720.0365||6720.0375||—|
|MS Connection Kit for Vanquish systems with and without UV detector||—||—||6720.0405|
|Viper Solution Kit – Online SPE||6040.2802||6040.2801|
|Viper Solution Kit – Tandem Operation (for UltiMate 3000 HPLC systems) or Tandem LC or LCMS (for Vanquish Duo UHPLC systems)||6040.2804||6040.2803||6036.2020|
|Viper Solution Kit – Parallel LC (for UltiMate 3000 HPLC systems) or Dual LC (for Vanquish Duo UHPLC systems)||6040.2810||6040.2809||6036.2305|
|Viper Solution Kit – Application Switching||6040.2806||6040.2805||—|
|Viper Solution Kit – Method Scouting||6040.2808||6040.2807||6036.2807|
|Viper Solution Kit – Method Scouting, ID 100 µm, biocompatible||—||6042.2807||—|
|Viper Solution Kit – Method Scouting, ID 180 µm, biocompatible||—||6042.2808||—|
|Viper Solution Kit – Inverse Gradient||6040.2819||6040.2820||6036.2010|
Maximize performance and simplify setup of your nano LC instrument with our workflow kits. These kits contain nanoViper fittings preassembled on UHPLC connection tubing and columns to enable easy, tool-free instrument setup and configuration. The fingertight fittings ensure virtually zero-dead-volume connections and provide UHPLC compatibility up to 1000 bar (14,500 psi).
|Direct Injection nano LC kit||6720.0300|
|Direct Injection capillary LC kit||6720.0305|
|Preconcentration nano LC kit||6720.0310|
|Preconcentration capillary LC kit||6720.0315|
|Preconcentration micro LC kit||6720.0320|
|2D salt plugs kit||6720.0325|
|Tandem nano LC kit||6720.0335|
|MS Connection kit||6720.0345|
|OQ/PQ kit, NCS, NCp||6720.0360|
|EASY-Spray connection kit||6720.0395|
|Upgrade Kit ProFlow Flowmeter||6041.3003|
Connectors, plugs and filters based on the Viper Fingertight fitting technology are available.
|Blind Plug, biocompatible (titanium)||6040.2303|
|Inline Filter, titanium, av. frit pore size 0.5 µm||6036.1045|
Select the passive pre-heater, column cooler, and tubing you need for your UHPLC or HPLC application.
|Active Pre-heater, MP35N, ID × L, 100 µm × 380 mm (for Vanquish Column Compartment H)||6732.0110|
|Passive Pre-heater, MP35N, ID × L, 100 µm × 530 mm (for Vanquish Column Compartment H)||6732.0174|
|Post Column Cooler, MP35N, ID × L, 100 µm × 240 mm (for Vanquish Column Compartment H)||6732.0510|
|Passive Pre-heater, SST, ID, 100 µm (for TCC-3000)||6722.0510|
|Passive Pre-heater, SST, ID, 130 µm (for TCC-3000)||6722.0530|
|Passive Pre-heater, SST, ID, 180 µm (for TCC-3000)||6722.0540|
|Passive Pre-heater, SST, ID, 250 µm (for TCC-3000)||6722.0550|
|Passive Pre-heater, coated steel, biocompatible, ID, 130 µm (for TCC-3000)||6723.0232|
|Passive Pre-heater, coated steel, biocompatible, ID, 250 µm 7 µL (for TCC-3000)||6723.0242|
|Passive Pre-heater, coated steel, biocompatible, ID, 250 µm 11 µL (for TCC-3000)||6723.0252|
|Passive Pre-heater, MP35N, ID, 100 µm (for TCC-3000)||6723.0235|
|Passive Pre-heater, MP35N, ID, 180 µm (for TCC-3000)||6723.0245|
|Post Column Cooler, SST, ID, 130 µm (for TCC-3000)||6730.0008|
|MP35N thermally insulated, ID × L, 100 µm × 300 mm||6083.2405|
|MP35N thermally insulated, ID × L, 130 µm × 500 mm||6083.2411|
Special nano LC capillaries are available to adjust setup for special application requirements.
|nanoViper, ID × L, 20 µm × custom length||6041.5299|
|nanoViper, ID × L, 50 µm × custom length||6041.5599A|
|nanoViper, ID × L, 75 µm × custom length||6041.5799|
|nanoViper, thermally insulated, ID × L, 75 µm × 300 mm||6083.2415|
|UHPLC waste, ID × OD × L, 75 µm × 360 µm × 550 mm||6041.5289|
|Liquid Junction column out, ID × OD × L, 20 µm × 360 µm × 550 mm||6041.5290|
|Nano LC column to MS tubing, ID × OD × L, 20 µm × 280 µm × 1 m||6041.5292|
|Nano LC column to MS tubing, ID × OD × L, 20 µm × 360 µm × 1 m||6041.5293|
|Nano LC column to MS tubing, ID × OD × L, 50 µm × 280 µm × 1 m||6041.5294|
|Nano LC column to MS tubing, ID × OD × L, 50 µm × 360 µm × 1 m||6041.5295|
This comprehensive guide includes flow schematics and all necessary part description for setting up easily your low-flow LC workflow.