Peptides for Targeted Quantitation
Selected or multiple reaction monitoring (SRM/MRM) are methods of absolute quantitation (also termed AQUA) in targeted proteomics, whereby a complex sample is spiked with a stable isotope-labeled peptide that acts as internal standard. Heavy peptides for each target must be synthesized and evaluated for suitability. Low-cost crude peptides are generally adequate for targeted assay development. Peptide libraries and quality standards thus identified can then be synthesized at AQUA purity for SRM assays.
Targeted peptide features:
- Versatility—different peptide grades and turnaround times
- Accuracy—HeavyPeptide™ AQUA Custom peptides provide concentration precision for quantitation of proteins at very low concentrations.
- Quality—stable isotope standards (SIS) have >99% isotopic purity
- Flexibility—multiple formats are available in both heavy or standard amino acid options
- Compatibility—optimized for use with Thermo Scientific LC-MS platforms with data analysis fully supported by Pinpoint 1.4
Compare targeted peptide libraries
|PepoTec™ SRM Peptide Libraries||HeavyPeptide™ AQUA Basic||HeavyPeptide™ AQUA QuantPro||HeavyPeptide™ AQUA Ultimate|
|Research stage||Discovery||Discovery, confirmation, or validation||Confirmation or validation||Validation or clinical|
|Standard (“light”) versions available||
|Description||Grade 1 (fast and easy), grade 2 (greater analysis), or grade 3 (maximum assurance)||AQUA Basic||AQUA QuantPro||AQUA Ultimate|
|Formulation||>0.1 mg in 0.1% TFA in 50% (v/v) acetonitrile/H2O||Lyophilized||5 pmol/µL in 5%
(v/v) acetonitrile /H2O
|5 pmol/µL in 5%
|Concentration Specification (using AAA)||NA||NA||±10–25%||±5–10%|
|QC||MS check or MS analysis||MS & analytical HPLC||MS & analytical HPLC, AAA||MS & analytical HPLC, AAA|
|Estimated Delivery Time||2–3 weeks||3–6-weeks||3–6-weeks||3–6-weeks|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.