3500 Series Genetic Analyzers
- Streamline administrative tasks—radio frequency identification (RFID) tags allow viewing, tracking, and reporting of critical reagents
- Remove handling and mixing errors with preformulated consumables
- Improved data uniformity across instruments, runs, and capillaries
- Easy-to-use software facilitates simple setup, operation, and maintenance
- Flexibility to upgrade from 8 to 24 capillaries, to meet high-throughput needs
- Simplified instrument setup with single array (36 cm) for both sequencing and fragment analysis applications
- Streamlined setup with standardized power plug and no external exhaust
- Increased multiplexing with 6-dye capability
Based on one of the most widely used, widely trusted sequencing methodologies available—Sanger sequencing—the 3500 Series Genetic Analyzer is designed to deliver the accuracy you demand.
It works the way you do
Designed with you in mind, the 3500 Series Genetic Analyzer gives you automated operation, easy-to-install consumables, electronic tracking of instrument performance and maintenance tasks, and integrated analysis software—so you can focus on the outcome.
The 3500 platform can run a wide variety of applications, including de novo sequencing and resequencing (mutational profiling), microsatellite analysis, MLPA, AFLP, LOH, MLST, and SNP validation or screening.
It's backed by award-winning support
Keeping your lab operational is critical. Our technical and field service support staffs respond quickly to your calls, so that you can continue to respond to those who depend on you for results.
The Applied Biosystems™ 3500 and 3500xL Genetic Analyzers are supplied as follows:
- Capillary electrophoresis instrument
- 8-capillary (3500 System) or 24-capillary (3500xL System) array and polymer
- DNA sequencing and/or fragment analysis reagents and consumables for system qualification
- Dell™ computer workstation with flat-screen monitor
- Integrated software for instrument control, data collection, quality control, and auto-analysis of sample files for basecalling and fragment sizing
Cathode buffer container
Performance optimized polymer
Anode buffer container
Snap in and run
- Primary consumables contain novel, integrated radio frequency identification (RFID)-tagged labels that enable viewing, tracking, and reporting of critical information
- Preformulated consumable packages make the 3500 the most user-friendly genetic analyzer on the market today
- Automatic tracking minimizes administrative tasks and reduces the chances of error or omission
Putting you in the driver's seat
|3500 Data Collection Software offers an intuitive dashboard design including:
Operates on standard power
|The 3500 Series is easy to install and operate:
|RFID||Instrument automatically checks for the use of correct product and expiration dates|
|SAE||Security, audit and electronic signature capability to help compliance with governing regulations|
|8-capillary or 24-capillary models||Select the appropriate instrument to meet your laboratory throughput needs|
|Flexibility||Allows you to adhere to your lab's development requirements—sequencing or fragment analysis applications|
Applications of the 3500 Series Genetic Analyzer
Aneuploidy Detection by QF-PCR of STR Markers on the Applied Biosystems 3500xL Genetic Analyzer
BigDye Direct Cycle Sequencing Kit simplifies workflow for characterizing melanoma mutations in research samples
Development of a Workflow to Detect Sequence Variants in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes
Development of an Interlaboratory-Verified Sequencing Workflow for KRAS Variant Identification
DNA Resequencing Analysis of X-linked Variants Using the Applied Biosystems 3500xL Genetic Analyzer
Fungal DNA sequencing from laser capture microdissection samples
High coverage gene expression profiling on the Applied Biosystems 3500xL Genetic Analyzer (1.6 MB)
ISSR Genotyping of Endangered Plants Using an Optimized Workflow
Resequencing Workflow for MLH1 and MSH2 Variant Analysis
SNP Gentyping Using SNaPshot Multiplex Kit and 3500 Series Genetic Analyzer
Uniparental disomy (UPD) analysis of chromosome 15 (3.2 MB)
Beyond repair to proactive care
The AB Assurance Plan is our premium repair plan, designed to maximize instrument performance and help ensure availability of critical systems. The AB Assurance Plan will help keep your laboratory running smoothly with preventive maintenance, proactive instrument monitoring and—should one of your instruments require repair—fast response.
In regulated industries, compliance with government and international standards requires documented verification that your systems are installed and functioning according to their manufacturers’ specifications. Whether you need Installation Qualification and Operation Qualification (IQ/OQ) or Instrument Performance Qualification (PQ), our qualification services provide audit-quality data to share with your regulated body and verify that your instrument is working according to the manufacturer's specifications.
Computer System Validation (CSV)
An instrument qualification service is only the starting point to your validation. Our Compliance Services professionals partner with you and can help you get into production faster, while controlling CSV costs and getting you audit-ready faster.
Service plan options for the 3500 Series Genetic Analyzers
|AB Assurance with qualification services*||AB Assurance with system performance check*|
|On-site response time for repairs (business days)||Guaranteed 2 business days†||Guaranteed 2 business days|
|Remote instrument monitoring and diagnostics|
|Priority phone and email access to instrument support|
|Application technical support|
|Hearing Loss Research Panel|
|Instrument operating software|
|Instrument qualification services|
|Instrument system performance check|
|Parts, labor and travel|
*Terms and conditions apply. Contact your local service representative for terms and conditions applicable to your region.
†Guaranteed service timeline applies only to North America region.
New Capillary Electrophoresis Instruments Support Center
Find tips, troubleshooting help, and resources for support related to your capillary electrophoresis instruments.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.