Unlike other next-generation sequencing (NGS) approaches, Ion Torrent focused NGS solutions for SARS-CoV-2 research provide the speed, scalability, and precision you need to spend more time finding answers and less time looking for them.
Ion Torrent targeted NGS can be used for research of viral typing, viral discovery, epidemiology (contact tracking, tracing, and surveillance), host genetics and immune response, and vaccines.
Benefits of targeted NGS for SARS-CoV-2 research include:
- Rapid turnaround time
- Automated workflow
- End-to-end solution from nucleic acid to analysis
- Accuracy of variants
- Low input requirements
- Compatible with challenging samples
Targeted NGS solutions for SARS-CoV-2 research
Viral research: SARS-CoV-2 discovery, typing, and epidemiology
Where did the virus come from?
How does it work?
How is it potentially being transmitted?
Study these common epidemiology questions with rapid, automated, and accurate targeted NGS that enables complete genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 in under a day
Host genetics and immune response, mechanisms, and progression
How does the body react and defend itself against infection?
Why do some show symptoms, and others don’t?
Uncover deeper insights into the immune repertoire and host response pathways with simple, comprehensive, and accurate sample-to-answer solutions, including streamlined tools for easy analysis
How do we protect ourselves from the virus?
How does the body respond to treatment?
How long are we protected for?
Leverage a scalable solution with simplified bioinformatics for a multi-dimensional and cost-effective approach for comprehensive understanding of vaccine response and efficacy
Video: Immunological biomarker research to predict response to therapy and disease progression
Watch Dr. Carl Goodyear from the University of Glasgow discuss how immune repertoire sequencing with Ion Torrent addresses the challenges of molecular profiling autoimmune disease and how the same principles are now being applied for SARS-CoV-2 research.
Complementary Ion Torrent NGS systems for SARS-CoV-2 research
Ion GeneStudio S5 series
Scalable, targeted NGS workhorse with wide application breadth and throughput capability
- Higher-throughput scalability for cost-effective processing of large number of research samples
- Perform assays for research of viral typing and epidemiology, host genetics and immune response, microbiome analysis, and vaccines on the same platform
Genexus Integrated Sequencer
Go from nucleic acid to report in a single day with a hands-off, automated workflow*
- Hands-off, setup-and-go workflow with automated reverse transcription, library prep, template prep, sequencing, and analysis all on one instrument
- Perform assays for viral typing and epidemiology research and TCR sequencing
- Cytokines may be an indication of susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2
- Customer spotlight: La Paz University Hospital in the fight against SARS-CoV-2
- Sequencing SARS-CoV-2 positive research samples - what more can you find?
- What else is in the water? NGS-based wastewater sequencing may provide clues to SARS-CoV-2 prevalence and spread
- Global tracking of SARS-CoV-2 using targeted NGS
- Behind the scenes - rapid development of Ion AmpliSeq SARS-CoV-2 Research Panel
- Is there a link between SARS-CoV-2 and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children?
- B cell sequencing for rapid vaccine research and development
- The adaptive immune system—repertoire convergence and its impact on vaccine research
- Understanding zoonotic transmission of SARS-Cov-2 using RNA sequencing
- Microbiome impact on SARS-CoV-2 and vaccines
- Microbiome may predict SARS-CoV-2 severity
- Rapid SARS-CoV-2 Genome Sequencing Aids Outbreak Investigations
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces SARS-CoV-2 GlobalAccess Sequencing Program
- Roswell Park collaborating with UB, Catholic Health and Thermo Fisher Scientific on new SARS-CoV-2 study
- Early Data Suggests SARS-CoV-2 is Slow Mutating; Potential for Vaccine Research
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.