Automotive Polymers & Composites
Design, develop, manufacture and troubleshoot across the complete range of materials with vibrational spectroscopy, lab-scale extrusion and compounding, and rheological instrumentation. Thermo Fisher Scientific is perfectly positioned to assist the development and manufacture of plastic parts and pieces, and aid in designing bold new composite materials for tomorrow's automobile.
Study material behavior to develop advanced product compositions and designs.
- Confocal Raman Microscopy Applications in the Polymer Industry
- Dynamic Mechanical Thermal Analysis (DMTA) on Polymer Composites
- “Psycho-tribological“ Measurements on Cloth Materials
- Investigation of the Flow Characteristics of PET at Different Temperatures
- Pigment Differentiation in Masterbatches
- Examining the Fusion and Degradation Behavior of PVC Dry Blends
- Examining the Influence of Stabilizers on the Flow Characteristics of Polyamide
- Viscosity Measurement of LDPE Samples with the same MFR Value
- Characterization of PVC Compounds
- Filter Pressure Value Test (FPV Test) - A New Standard to Examine Master Batches, White and Carbon Black Colorants
- Degradation Tests A new Test Procedure to Examine Polymers and Antioxidants
- Evaluating the Plasticization Process of Different Soft PVC Samples
- Correlation between Mixer Tests and the Extrusion Behaviour of PVC Dry Blends
- Mixer Tests on MIM Feedstock
- Determination of Plasticizer Content in PVC by FT NIR
- Flow and Curing Behaviour of XLPE
- Analysis of Multi-Component Polymer Materials
- Testing the Flow Characteristics of Glass Fiber Reinforced TPU
- Characterizing long-chain Branching in Polyethylene
- Optimizing Process Conditions and Ensuring End Product Requirements of Plastics with Rheological Analysis
Analyze defects, detect and identify contaminants, and determine root cause to understand product failure.
Identify unknown materials and verify material composition throughout the product development and manufacturing process.
Study reactions and understand chemical and physical changes of materials during the curing process.
- How to Relate Test Results of a Torque Rheometer to Problems in Elastomer Processing
- Nanocomposites Examples on Compounding of Nanoclay Blends
- Compounding of Carbon Nanotube CNT Suspensions with Polypropylene
- HAAKE MiniLab - Compounder and Reactor
- The Curing Behaviour of Reaction Resin Compounds
- Detailed Analysis of Curing Reactions of Polyurethane Resins using Simultaneous Rheometry and FTIR
Ensure products meet the expected standards throughout the research, development and manufacturing processes.