NGS Library Preparation Support
Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- Where can I find the protocols for Ion library preparation?
- What is Ion Torrent™ Ion AmpliSeq™ technology?
- What is the difference between a DNA fragment library and a DNA amplicon library?
- I want to prepare a DNA fragment library. Which library preparation kit and protocol should I use?
- I am new to making RNA libraries using the Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2 (Cat. No. 4475936). What is a good approach?
- My final library yield is poor. What are some tips for improving my yield?
- The Bioanalyzer™ instrument trace of my fragment library shows a large peak at 70 bp or 90 bp. What can cause this? Is it okay to proceed to template preparation?
- I tried quantifying my amplified library with both the Ion Library Quantitation Kit (qPCR) and the Bioanalyzer instrument. The concentration according to qPCR is lower than the Bioanalyzer instrument’s determination. Which concentration should I use?
- If adapter dimers are present in my library, can they be detected using the Ion Library Quantitation Kit (qPCR)?
Guides and Tools
- Application Note: The Ion PGM™ System, with 400-base Read Length Chemistry, Enables Routine High-Quality de novo Assembly of Small Genomes
- Selection: Decision Tree for DNA Sequencing on the Ion PGM™ System
- Selection: Decision Tree for RNA Sequencing on the Ion PGM™ System
- Schematic: A History of Innovation in Genetic Analysis
Automated Ion AmpliSeq™ Library Preparation
- Quick Reference: Ion AmpliSeq™ Library Preparation on the Ion Chef™ System
- User Guide: Ion AmpliSeq™ Library Preparation on the Ion Chef™ System
Ion AmpliSeq™ Transcriptome Kit
- Quick Reference: Ion AmpliSeq Transcriptome Human Gene Expression Kit
- User Guide: Ion AmpliSeq Transcriptome Human Gene Expression Kit
Ion AmpliSeq™ Exome RDY Library Preparation
- User Guide: Ion AmpliSeq Exome RDY Library Preparation
Ion AmpliSeq™ DNA and RNA Library Preparation
- Application Note: Discover Variants in 46 Cancer Genes Using the Ion AmpliSeq™ Cancer Panel v1
- Application Note: Ion AmpliSeq™ Designer Provides Full Flexibility to Sequence Genes of your Choice
- Brochure: Ion AmpliSeq™ DNA Custom Panels
- Brochure: Ion AmpliSeq™ Comprehensive Cancer Panel
- Brochure: Ion AmpliSeq™ Inherited Disease Panel
- Brochure: Ion AmpliSeq™ Sample ID Panel
- Quick Reference: Ion AmpliSeq™ DNA Library Preparation with 1 or 2 Pool Panels - qPCR Quantification
- Quick Reference: Ion AmpliSeq™ DNA Library Preparation with 1 or 2 Pool Panels - Qubit™ Fluorometer or Agilent™ 2100 Bioanalyzer™ Quantification
- User Bulletin: Prepare Ion AmpliSeq™ Libraries using the Tecan Freedom EVO™ NGS Workstation
- User Guide: Ion AmpliSeq™ DNA and RNA Library Preparation
Ion AmpliSeq™ RNA Library Kit
Ion Total RNA-Seq Library Preparation
- Quick Reference: Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2 for Small RNA Libraries
- Quick Reference: Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2 for Whole Transcriptome Libraries
- User Bulletin: ERCC_Analysis Plugin
- User Bulletin: Demonstrated Protocol - Bacterial Ribosomal RNA (rRNA) Depletion Workflow for RNA-Seq
- User Guide: Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2
- User Guide: Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit for the AB Library Builder™ System
Fragment Library Preparation
- User Guide: Ion Xpress™ Plus gDNA Fragment Library Preparation
- User Guide: Ion Library Quantitation Kit - TaqMan™ Assay Quantitation of Ion Torrent Libraries
Ion Demonstrated Protocols (ChIP-Seq)
- User Bulletin: Ion ChIP-Seq Library Preparation on the Ion Proton™ System
- User Bulletin: RecoverAll™ Multi-Sample RNA/DNA Workflow
Ion Amplicon Library Preparation (non-AmpliSeq™)
- User Bulletin: Prepare Amplicon Libraries Requiring Fragmentation Using the Ion Xpress™ Plus Fragment Library Kit
- User Bulletin: Prepare Amplicon Libraries without Fragmentation Using the Ion Plus Fragment Library Kit
Ion ReproSeq™ PGS Kit (single cell aneuploidy)
- User Guide: Ion ReproSeq™ PGS Kits - Single Cell Library Preparation and Sequencing on the Ion PGM™ System
- Product Information Sheet: Ion ReproSeq™ PGS Kits
- Quick Reference: Ion ReproSeq™ PGS Kits
Ion 16S™ Metagenomics Library Preparation
- Product Information Sheet: Ion 16S™ Metagenomics Kit
- Quick Reference: Ion 16S™ Metagenomics Kit
- User Guide: Ion 16S™ Metagenomics Kit
- Overview: Next-Generation Sequencing
- Overview: Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing Applications
- Overview: Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing Workflow
- Overview: Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing Technology
- Overview: Sequencing Education
- Overview: Targeted Sequencing by Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing
- Ion AmpliSeq Request a Quote
- Citations: Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing Publications & Literature
- Selection: Choose Next-Generation Sequencing or Sanger Sequencing Solutions
- Videos: Ion Torrent Videos
- Video: Introduction to Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing Technology
- Videos: Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing Featured Researchers
- Workflow: Ion Torrent Next-Generation Sequencing Workflow
Browse our global network of validated service providers that helps enable researchers in small and medium-sized laboratories to get high-quality exome and transcriptome sequencing data generated on the Ion Proton System from small amounts of input material with very fast turnaround. We offer services including whole-exome sequencing, whole-transcriptome sequencing, and targeted transcriptome sequencing.
We can create and design customized Ion AmpliSeq Panels to fit your needs. Use our free online assay design tool that connects you directly to our assay design pipeline. Panels can be designed against a number of preloaded genomes, or for any other organism by uploading your own FASTA file reference sequence.
Leveraging the power of the Ion Community and Ion AmpliSeq technology, we have developed Ion AmpliSeq Community Panels. Designed with leading disease researchers, Ion AmpliSeq Community Panels provide the ability to selectively analyze gene content with the aim of transforming cancer and inherited disease research. Your disease research is greatly simplified with the community-wide availability of these panels. In addition, for maximum flexibility, you will be able to rapidly customize any Ion AmpliSeq Community Panel to advance clinical research to fit your own project requirements.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.