Pure. Sensitive. Concentrated.
- Yields highly concentrated viral nucleic acids for greater sensitivity in detection—start with 500 µL of sample and elute in just 10 µL volume
- One kit provides a complete solution for virus extraction—both RNA and DNA viruses can be extracted and concentrated
- Spin column technology—achieve fast and easy purification with excellent reproducibility
- Produces high-quality DNA and RNA— ideal for downstream applications such as real-time PCR and endpoint analysis
Choose the Kit That Best Suits Your Needs
- The PureLink Viral RNA/DNA Mini Kit accommodates starting volumes of up to 500 µL, and elution volumes as low as 10 µL
- The PureLink Pro 96 Viral RNA/DNA Kit can be used on a vacuum manifold or centrifuge, requires a minimum speed of just 2,250xg, and uses a bucket depth of only 50 mm, eliminating the need for high speed centrifugation with deep bucket rotors
Viral Extraction with the PureLink Viral RNA/DNA Mini Kit
One of the most difficult viruses to extract is HBV due to the rigid protein coat. Sensitive detection requires a strong lysis and pure DNA. To look at the ability of the PureLink Viral RNA/DNA Mini Kit to efficiently extract HBV virus, samples of infectious patient plasma were extracted side by side with plasma spiked with ZeptoMetrix's HBV nucliec acid test control (NATtrol). HBV was detected in plasma samples diluted 1:100 from both patients (grey bars) and in NATtrol spiked samples (blue bars) (Figure 1).
|Figure 1.Equivalent Recovery of HBV in Patient Samples and Plasma Spiked with NATtrol™ Nucleic Acid Test Controls by ZeptoMetrix using PureLink Viral RNA/DNA Mini Kit. HBV was extracted from infectious plasma containing 3 x 109 IU/mL and from ZeptoMetrix nucleic acid test standard (NATtrol) for HBV containing 4 x 109 IU/mL using the PureLink Viral RNA/DNA Kit. Recovery of HBV NATtrol was comparable to infectious virus in patient plasma. qPCR was performed using the Platinum SYBR Green qPCR SuperMix-UDG w/ROX. NATtrol spiked samples (grey bars), HBV infected plasma (blue bars).|
Data provided by Carleen Pope, M.S. Senior Research Scientist, ZeptoMetrix Corporation. Visit www.zeptometrix.com for more information on NATtrol products.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.