How do I place a basic DNA tube order?
If you are ordering a large quantity of tubes (up to 200), you can place your order using a template that you download, complete, then upload to the Life Technologies website. To complete the form, follow these steps:
- Click Download tube template here. Save the template to your computer.
- Open the template in Microsoft Excel. The Instructions tab details how to fill out the template and provides ordering codes. Use the Tube Order tab to enter the oligo order.
- Enter the mandatory fields in the spreadsheet (Oligo sequence, Oligo name, Researcher Name, Synthesis scale, and Purification) on the Tube template tab. Use the codes provided on the Instructions tab.
- Enter modifications to the desired sequence. Leave the field blank if not applicable. Again, use the codes provided under the Instructions tab.
- Enter special handling options. These are the same as the Special Handling Options in the basic DNA tube order. (Note: When selecting multiple special handling options, do not leave spaces between the codes.)
- With the Tube Order tab selected, save the file as a comma delimited (.csv) or tab delimited (.txt) file using the Microsoft Excel File>Save As command.
After you have completed the template for a batch order, upload the order by following these steps:
- Click Upload Entry.
- Click Browse and select the template file to upload, then click Open.
- Click Upload. The screen fades out, and a message appears that says "Validating Order." When the uploaded order has been validated, a screen listing all of the oligos appears.
- You can edit or remove oligos with the adjacent links as required.
- When you're satisfied with your entries, click Add to Cart. If you uploaded the wrong file, you can click Reupload to overwrite the information with information from the new file.
If there is an error in an entry that prevents the order from being placed, the oligo with the error is flagged with a red circle. (The Add to Cart button does not appear if there is an error in the order.)
To resolve an oligo error on the order, follow these steps:
- Click Edit. You can delete the oligo from the order by clicking Remove.
- When you have modified the order and all circles next to the oligos are green, click Add to Cart.