Improve your sample workflow and get results faster
Cuvette-based UV-Vis technology and PC-based chemometric software are staples in the quality analysis of liquids such as dyes, lubricants and adhesives. The sample preparation and analysis of these solutions may include multiple time-consuming processes impacting the release of high-valued products. Our innovative, auto-ranging pedestal UV-Vis spectrophotometer eliminates time consuming steps such as dilution of highly concentrated samples and simplifies chemometric method development data analysis.
NanoDrop QC Software for the NanoDrop OneC Spectrophotometer
Measure highly concentrated solutions without dilution
- Analyze 0.5 – 2.0 μl samples without the need for cuvettes or capillaries
- Measure samples without needing to know the sample concentration
- Quantify up to 550 AU with automated short path length adjustments
- Upgrade your lab with an alternative to automated liquid handling systems, flow cells, and sub-micro cuvettes
Run on-board chemometric methods
- Simplify chemometric method development with Thermo Scientific TQ Analyst Software
- Deploy methods directly to Thermo Scientific NanoDrop OneC UV-Vis Spectrophotometers around the world
- Achieve Pass/Fail and other quantitative results on the factory floor
- Spend more time on method development and less on data analysis
NanoDrop QC Software streamlines your current workflow by eliminating time consuming steps.
Compare the NanoDrop QC workflow against the traditional method workflow below:
Pipette sample directly onto the pedestal
1. Diluting with solvents, potentially with multiple rounds of dilutions
2. Transfer to quartz cuvette
Data in < 10 seconds
3. Measurements in several minutes
4. Export data for analysis
5. Run chemometrics on PC
Wipe the pedestals clean with a lint-free lab cloth
6. Clean quartz cuvettes
For a Method Developer
For a QC Technician
Quickly and easily quantify samples with NanoDrop OneC auto-ranging pedestal technology. The patented sample retention system used by the Thermo Scientific NanoDrop OneC Spectrophotometer allows for the analysis of 0.5–2.0 µl samples, without the need for cuvettes or capillaries.
With the arm open, a sample is pipetted directly onto the pedestal.
After the arm is closed, a sample column is formed.
The pedestal then moves to automatically adjust for an optimal path length (0.03 – 1.0 mm).
When the measurement is complete, the surfaces are simply wiped with a lint-free lab wipe before going on to the next sample.
|Optical system||Reverse optic; full spectrum light passes through the sample and the spectrometer grating discriminates wavelengths|
|Detector||2048-element CMOS linear image sensor|
|Light source||Xenon flash lamp|
|Spectral Bandwidth||≤1.8 nm (FWHM at Hg 254 nm)|
|Wavelength Range||190 nm - 850 nm|
|Pedestal Pathlengths & Upper Detection Limits||1.0 mm - 12.5 Abs|
0.2 mm - 62.5 Abs
0.1 mm - 150 Abs
0.05 mm - 300 Abs
0.03 mm - 550 Abs
|Cuvette pathlengths & Upper Detection Limits||10 mm - 1.5 Abs|
5 mm - 3 Abs
2 mm - 7.5 Abs
1 mm - 15 Abs
|Photometric Accuracy Instrument||3% at 0.97 A, 302 nm|
(Absorbance expressed at Abs/mm at 25°C)
|Repeatability||Measurement repeatability: Typical: 0.002 A (1.0 mm path) or 1%CV, whichever is greater|
(SD of 10 individual measurements at 0.97 A)
|Temperature control||Cuvette only; fixed point a 37°C|
|Measurement and Data Processing Time||8 seconds|
|Data Smoothing||Savitzky-Golay or Boxcar 10, depending on the application|