Transfection Basics Support
Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What are the different methods available for transfection?
- What recommendations do you have for selecting a transfection reagent?
- Why would the expression level of my gene in transient transfectants be greater than that in stable transfectants?
- How do I perform a dose-response curve or kill curve?
- Are cell density (% confluency) and passage number important considerations for transfection?
- I am getting very low transfection efficiency. Can you please provide some troubleshooting tips?
- Why do I see cytotoxicity after performing transfection? Can you please help?
- Why are my transfections not reproducible?
- I see a small granular precipitate on my cells (microscopically) following addition of the transfection reagent:DNA complexes to my cells. Will it decrease the transfection efficiency?
- I have tried several different transfection reagents and have failed to transfect my gene into my cell line of interest. Do you have any suggestions?
- Overview: Gene Delivery Methods
- Overview: Transfection Methods
- Overview: Lipid Transfection
- Overview: siRNA Transfection
- Overview: Plasmid DNA Transfection
- Overview: Transfection Reagents
- Overview: Selection Antibiotics
- Learning Center: Cell Culture & Transfection
- Cell Culture & Transfection Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Gibco® Cell Culture Basics Handbook
- Guide: Transfection and Genome Engineering Handbook
- Comparison Table: Which Lipofectamine® Transfection Reagent is Right for You?
- Comparison Table: Which Plasmid DNA Transfection Reagent is Right for You?
- Comparison Table: Which siRNA Transfection Reagent is Right for You?
- Protocols: General Transfection Protocols
- Selection Table: Transfection Reagent Selection Guide
- Selection Table: Which Selection Antibiotic is Right for You?
- Technical Note: Plasmid Transfection Tips and Tricks
- Technical Note: RNAi Transfection Tips and Tricks
- Video: How To Do Transfection, Short Overview Illustrated on Bench Paper
- Video: R&D Transfection Insights
- Video: Unboxing Transfection with Countess® Automated Cell Counter
- Gibco® Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations, and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Also includes a Transfection Calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
GeneArt® Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
Whatever basic or discovery research question you are attempting to answer, our molecular biology experts can help to design the best custom solution utilizing our unique suite of technologies. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Put your trust in Invitrogen's molecular biology services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.