Improve your RNA-sequencing results with efficient bacterial transcriptome enrichment. Automation compatible probe-based depletion of ribosomal RNA from bacterial total RNA enables you to sequence more of the RNA you want.
New and improved features of the RiboMinus Bacteria 2.0 Kit include:
- More accurate: Optimized hybridization chemistry
- More consistent: New probe designs targeting 5s ribosomal RNA
- More features: Expanded probe designs for 16s and 23s ribosomal RNA depletion, designed for use with next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Automation-friendly magnetic bead technology compatible with KingFisher instruments
- Works with all common library prep methods
- Can be utilized with RNA from a wide variety of species
- Comprehensive ribosomal RNA removal
- Increased representation of RNA transcript species
Table 1. Comparison of the new Ribominus Bacteria 2.0 Transcriptome Isolation Kit to the older RiboMinus Transcriptome Isolation Kit, bacteria.
|Ribominus Bacteria 2.0 Transcriptome Isolation Kit (A47335)||RiboMinus Transcriptome Isolation Kit, bacteria (K155004)|
|High throughput compatible||Manual or automated||Manual|
|Downstream application||Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)||Microarray Analysis|
|Purification format||Magnetic bead||Spin column (not included)|
|Final product||Transcriptome RNA||Transcriptome RNA|
|Sample type||Total RNA (bacterial)||Total RNA (bacterial)|
|Starting material amount (input)||100 ng to 5 μg||2 μg to 10 μg|
|Ribosomal reads remaining||<20%||>80%|
|Probe designs||5s, 16s, 23s (greater than 100)||16s, 23s (only 4)|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.