The Gibco Dialyzed Fetal Bovine Serum manufacturing process is carefully designed to significantly reduce the concentrations of small molecules such as amino acids, hormones and cytokines while avoiding the precipitation of serum proteins. The dialyzed serum is recommended for special studies where the normal concentrations of small molecules may be of concern.
- Dialyzed by tangential flow filtration (10,000 mw cut-off)
- Dialyzed against 0.15M NaCl until Glucose < 5 mg/dL
- Performance tested for cloning and plating efficiency
- Now available in our innovatively designed, aliquot-free Gibco One Shot FBS 50 mL bottle
Ideally for researchers studying…*
- Isotope labeling
- Cellular signaling and reporter assays
* These results are based on a review of approximately 10,000 publications using query terms based on the six specialty FBS products offered by Thermo Fisher Scientific. These terms were generated by the MeSH (medical subject headings) taxonomy based on the full text of the paper.
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Serum and blood proteins are not for direct administration into humans or animals.