The Gibco Dialyzed Fetal Bovine Serum manufacturing process is carefully designed to significantly reduce the concentrations of small molecules such as amino acids, hormones and cytokines while avoiding the precipitation of serum proteins. The dialyzed serum is recommended for special studies where the normal concentrations of small molecules may be of concern.
- Dialyzed by tangential flow filtration (10,000 mw cut-off)
- Dialyzed against 0.15M NaCl until Glucose < 5 mg/dL
- Performance tested for cloning and plating efficiency
- Now available in our innovatively designed, aliquot-free Gibco One Shot FBS 50 mL bottle
Ideally for researchers studying…*
- Proteomics like mass spectrometry
- Mitochondrial function
- Glucose/amino acid deprivation studies
- Isotope labeling
- Cellular signaling and reporter assays
- Rui tang et. al (2020). Selective cytotoxicity of epidithiodiketopiperazine DC1149B, produced by marine-derived Trichoderma lixii on the cancer cells adapted to glucose starvation.
- Taisuke Hoshi et. al (2019). Lenvatinib induces death of hepatocellular carcinoma cells harboring an activated EGF signaling pathway signaling pathway through inhibition of FGFR-MAPK cascades.
- Ericka Moreno-Mendez et. al (2019). Effect of Biotin supplementation on fatty acid metabolic pathways in 3T3-L1 adipocytes
- Venkata Yenugonda et. al (2017). A novel small molecule inhibitor of p32 mitochondrial protein overexpressed in glioma.
- Abhishek Mandal et.al (2017). L-Arginine uptake by cationic amino acid transporter promotes intra-macrophage survival of Leishmania donovani by enhancing Arginase mediated polyamine synthesis.
* These results are based on a review of approximately 10,000 publications using query terms based on the six specialty FBS products offered by Thermo Fisher Scientific. These terms were generated by the MeSH (medical subject headings) taxonomy based on the full text of the paper.
For research use or further manufacturing use only. Serum and blood proteins are not for direct administration into humans or animals.