Optimize and automate nucleic acid and protein purification workflows using Invitrogen MagMAX kits and Thermo Scientific KingFisher purification systems. A revolutionary particle separation technology—permanent magnetic rods and disposable tip combs with independent movement control— forms the basis of KingFisher Flex, KingFisher Duo Prime, and KingFisher Presto instruments.
Automated Nucleic Acid and Protein Purification
KingFisher Purification Systems
Kits for Isolating DNA, RNA, Immunoprecipitation, and Protein
Using KingFisher instruments with MagMAX kits provides a proven, convenient system for purifying nucleic acids for downstream applications such as real-time PCR and next-generation sequencing. Optimized MagMax protocols can be easily downloaded from the BindIt software page
- Consistent, high-quality nucleic acid recovery from a wide variety of sample types
- Cross-contamination control, thanks to bead transfer technology
- Reduced hands-on time required to purify samples, compared to manual methods
Using KingFisher instruments with Dynabeads products gives you all of the benefits of the pioneering biomagnetic technology while increasing the number of samples you can process with less hands-on time. Dynabeads offer the best balance of high yield and reproducibility with low nonspecific binding and cost, which is one reason why they have become the gold standard for immunoprecipitation using magnetic beads. Optimized Dynabeads protocols can be easily downloaded from the BindIt software page.
- Low background—little to no nonspecific binding, and no preclearing and high signal to noise ratio
- Highly reproducible—uniform beads help ensure consistent results
- Flexible—products for IP, Co-IP, pull-down, and ChIP assays; ideal for manual and automated protocols
- Antibody savings—all binding occurs on the smooth outer surface of the beads, which conserves precious antibodies and supports a cost-efficient solution per sample
- Highly sensitive—Dynabeads technology is the most-cited method for sensitive applications, such as ChIP and IP of low-abundance proteins
Using KingFisher systems with Thermo Scientific Pierce Magnetic Beads provides solid support for a variety of assays and procedures based on affinity purification. The instruments and paramagnetic particles allow users to easily mix, incubate and separate the particles in 96-well plates without columns or centrifugation. Such ease of manipulation enables rapid processing of many samples and seamless integration and compatibility with entire workflows.