The E-PAGE High-Throughput (HTP) Precast Gel System is designed for fast, bufferless medium- and high-throughput protein analysis. Invitrogen E-PAGE Gels are self-contained, precast gels that include a gel matrix and electrodes packaged inside a disposable cassette. E-PAGE Gels are available in 48-well or 96-well formats.
Features of the E-PAGE High-Throughput Precast Gel System include:
- Ease-of-use—Quick setup and fast separations (23 minutes) for 1D protein analysis
- Fast loading—Compatible with multichannel pipettors and robotic loading
- Efficient western blotting and staining—Optimized protocols and reagents
Protein separation on an E-PAGE Gel requires an Invitrogen Mother E-Base Device, a compact and automated platform designed for medium- and high-throughput electrophoresis.
Invitrogen E-Base integrated devices combine the base and the power source in one device. Up to 3 Invitrogen Daughter E-Base Devices may be connected to one Mother E-Base Device to permit multiple gels to be run simultaneously using identical parameters. E-Base integrated devices are compatible with the standard plate size of the Society for Biomolecules Screening (SBS) and can be conveniently mounted on liquid handling robot decks.
We offer two kinds of E-PAGE Gels:
- Invitrogen E-PAGE 8% Protein Gels, 48-well—Each gel contains 48 sample lanes and 4 marker lanes with a 3.2-cm separation length, and can be loaded with a 12- or 8-channel pipettor or 4- or 8-tip robotic system.
- Invitrogen E-PAGE 6% Protein Gels, 96-well—Each gel contains 96 sample lanes and 8 marker lanes in a patented staggered-well format with a 1.6-cm run length; well openings are compatible with the standard 96-well plate format and can be conveniently loaded with a multichannel pipettor or 8-, 12-, or 96-tip liquid handling robotic device.
Both E-PAGE 48-well and 96-well cassettes are conveniently opened with a butterfly opener to remove the gel for downstream staining or blotting. In addition, each cassette is labeled with a unique barcode to facilitate identification of the gel using commercial barcode readers.
|Available gel sizes||48-well (3.7 mm thick)
96-well (3.7 mm thick)
|Storage conditions||Room temperature|
|Shelf life||6–9 months|
|Available polyacrylamide concentrations||6% (96 wells), 8% (48 wells)|
|Separation range||10–200 kDa|
|For use with (equipment) mini gels||E-Base integrated devices|
|Mode of separation||Molecular weight|
|E-PAGE 48-well 8% gels||E-PAGE 96-well 6% gels|
|Cassette size||13.5 (l) x 10.8 (h) x 0.67 cm (w)||13.5 (l) x 10.8 (h) x 0.67 cm (w)|
|Gel thickness||3.7 mm||3.7 mm|
|Gel volume||50 mL||50 mL|
|Well depth||3 mm||3 mm|
|Number of wells||48 + 4 markers||96 + 8 markers|
|Well format||2 x 26||Staggered 8 x 13|
|Well opening||3.6 mm x 2.2 mm||3.8 mm x 1.8 mm|
|Running distance||32 mm||16 mm|
|Run time||23 min||14 min|
|Space between well centers||4.5 mm||9 mm|
|Sample volume||15 µL||20 µl|
|Maximum protein load||20 µg||20 µg|
Migration pattern of Invitrogen E-PAGE MagicMark Unstained Protein Standard.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.