Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- What is the optimal spacing between the ribosome-binding site (RBS) and the ATG when cloning into a bacterial expression vector?
- What are the advantages and mechanism of the T7 expression system?
- What competent cell strain should I use for protein expression and why?
- What does “leaky expression” mean?
- I’m trying to express a toxic protein. What competent cell strain would you suggest?
- I’m having problems with protein solubility. What would you recommend to try?
- My cells are growing very slowly, and I’m not getting any protein expression. What can I do to fix this?
- I’m getting low protein yield. What can I do to improve this?
- I’m getting inclusion bodies. What should I do?
- My gene of interest is toxic to bacterial cells. Are there any precautions you can suggest?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Bacterial Protein Expression
- Overview: Protein Expression Essentials
- Overview: MagicMedia™ E. coli Expression Medium
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Protein Expression Handbook
- Selection: Competent Cells for Protein Expression
- Selection: T7 Expression System Kits
- Selection: Champion™ pET Expression System Kits
- Selection: pBAD Expression System Kits
Specifically designed for small-scale, non-cGMP custom media orders when speed matters most; offers Gibco® quality media in small batches for quick turnaround and smooth transition to cGMP scale-up.
GeneArt® Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.