Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- Is the Expi293™ Expression System completely animal-origin free (AOF)?
- Can I use Opti-MEM® I Reduced Serum Medium instead of OptiPRO™ SFM to make my DNA–ExpiFectamine™ 293 transfection complexes?
- Can I purchase the ExpiFectamine™ 293 Transfection Enhancers 1 & 2 separately?
- What is the size range of proteins produced with the Expi293™ MembranePro™ Expression System?
- Can FreeStyle™ 293-F cells grown in FreeStyle™ 293 Expression Medium be transfected with ExpiFectamine™ 293 Reagent along with enhancers? If so, will the transfection efficiency be higher than that with FreeStyle™ Max Reagent?
- I do not have Expi293F™ cells. Can I use a different 293 cell line with the Expi293™ Expression System?
- I let my Expi293F™ cells grow to a higher density than recommended. Will they be fine?
- I am getting very poor yield of protein using the Expi293™ Expression System. Do you have any suggestions for optimizing protein expression?
- I am trying to use the Expi293™ Expression System in 96-well microtiter plates and am not getting good yields. Do you have any tips for optimizing in this format?
- I do not have FreeStyle™ 293-F cells. Can I use a different 293 cell line with the FreeStyle™ 293 Expression System?
Guides and tools
- Overview: Expi293™ Expression System
- Overview: Expi293™ MembranePro™ Expression System
- Overview: Combining Expi293™ and Ambr™ Systems for Automated Protein Expression
- Overview: ExpiCHO™ Expression System
- Overview: FreeStyle™ Protein Expression Systems
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Citations: FreeStyle™ MAX Reagent
- Citations: 293fectin™ Transfection Reagent
- Guide: Protein Expression Handbook
- Selection: Scalable 293-Based Transient Protein Expression Systems
- Video: Cell Culture Basics from Gibco®
- Video: How to Set up your Lab for Mammalian Transient Protein Expression
- Video: Expi293™ Expression System for Transient Protein Expression
- Video: Automated Transient Protein Expression using the Expi293™ System on the Ambr™ System
- Beakr: An app to track your experimental progress.
- Gibco® Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations, and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Also includes a Transfection Calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
Specifically designed for small-scale, non-cGMP custom media orders when speed matters most; offers Gibco® quality media in small batches for quick turnaround and smooth transition to cGMP scale-up.
GeneArt® Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.