Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- Why would I pick a yeast expression system for expression of my protein as opposed to expression systems in other hosts?
- What choices do you offer for protein expression in a yeast host system and what are their features?
- What is the main advantage of protein expression in Pichia pastoris compared to that in S. cerevisiae?
- How do I store yeast long-term? Can I freeze them at –80°C like bacteria? What is the shelf life of frozen stocks?
- What selection mechanism does the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System use?
- My spheroplasting of Pichia worked twice, but hasn't worked since. The OD of the culture simply does not drop.
- I am trying to prepare and transform competent Pichia pastoris cells using the Pichia EasyComp™ Transformation Kit and am getting a low efficiency of transformation. What should I do?
- I am using the pPink-HC vector and the transformation efficiency of the host strain seems to be very low. Why is this?
- I am trying to generate multimers in Pichia and am encountering issues. Can you please help?
- I am trying to prepare and transform competent S. cerevisiae cells using the S. cerevisiae EasyComp™ Transformation Kit and am getting a low efficiency of transformation. What should I do?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Yeast Expression
- Overview: PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System
- Overview: Traditional Pichia Expression Systems
- Overview: Yeast Culture
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Protein Expression Handbook
Gene synthesis outperforms traditional cloning by providing you fast turnaround times and guaranteed sequence accuracy. Construct design and optimization services are also available in order to fine tune the expression of your gene(s) of interest.
Cloning can sometimes be difficult and time-consuming—especially if you need to create custom vectors, handle multiple sequences at once, or if you need to express proteins using multiple systems. Our Custom Services team can quickly complete these project phases for you, so you can skip the technical hurdles, focus on the biology, and expedite end-results. From custom vector design to high-throughput protein expression, we have a solution to meet your needs.
GeneArt® Plasmid Services include flexible offerings covering construction of plasmid vectors customized for your needs, and subcloning of your sequence into any vector, including the Gateway® vector system. Concentrate on your research goals and leave your plasmid construction and subcloning work to us.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.