Real-Time PCR Basics Support
Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- How long can I store the cDNA from my reverse transcription step?
- Do I need to treat my sample with DNAse? If so, how should I do it?
- Do I have to purify RNA before the qPCR reaction?
- How much first-strand cDNA should be used in a PCR reaction?
- What is the difference between absolute quantification (AQ) and relative quantification (RQ)? How do I choose which method to use?
- What should I do if I have extra peaks in my melt curve? What does this mean?
- My amplification curves have a funny shape. What is causing this?
- What can I do to improve the sensitivity of my assay?
- How do I do a no-RT control reaction with the SuperScript® VILO™ Master Mix?
- How do I measure how much cDNA I have after the reverse transcription?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: qPCR Education
- Overview: qPCR (Thermo Scientific™)
- Overview: Reverse Transcription Learning Resources
- Overview: Basic Principles of RT-qPCR (Thermo Scientific™)
- Overview: TaqMan® Real-Time PCR Assays
- Overview: TaqMan® Assays vs. SYBR® Green Chemistry
- Overview: Reverse Transcription Reagents
- Overview: Cells-to-Ct
- Overview: What Can You Do With qPCR?
- Overview: Plastic Consumables (Thermo Scientific™)
- Comparison Table: One-Step vs. Two-Step Kits
- Comparison Table: Absolute Quantification vs. Relative Quantification
- General: qPCR Resource Library (Thermo Scientific™)
- Guide: Real-Time PCR Handbook
- Products: Real-Time PCR (qPCR)
- Selection Table: Master Mixes for Gene Expression
- Selection: Choosing your PCR Accessories (Tubes, Strips, Plates, etc.)
- Video: Ask TaqMan Video Gallery
- Video: qPCR Technology
- Video: Overcoming RT-qPCR Challenges
- Video: How to Control Overpipetting Errors When Performing qPCR (Thermo Scientific™)
- Video: OEM Manufacturing Capabilities for Plastics Consumables (Thermo Scientific™)
- Video: Flexible Consumables for PCR & qPCR (Thermo Scientific™)
- Workflow: Gene Expression Using qRT-PCR
- Training: Real-Time Quantitative PCR Training Series-Module 1: Fundamentals of Real-Time PCR (54 min)
- Training: Real-Time Quantitative PCR Training Series-Module 2: Real-Time PCR Assay Design (50 min)
- Training: Real-Time Quantitative PCR Training Series-Module 3: Normalization (46 min)
- Training: Real-Time Quantitative PCR Training Series-Module 4: Multiplexing (30 min)
- Training: Real-Time Quantitative PCR Training Series-Module 5: Real-Time PCR Reagent Choices (40 min)
- Training: Real-Time Quantitative PCR Training Series-Module 6: Theory of Real-Time Quantitative PCR Analysis (53 min)
- Training: Introduction to Real Time PCR and Absolute Quantitation
- Webinar: Breaking through RT-qPCR Boundaries in Gene Expression Analysis
- Webinar: Overcoming RT-qPCR Common Mistakes and Challenges
- Software: ExpressionSuite™ Software - for relative quantification data analysis
- Software: DataAssist™ Software - for relative quantification data analysis
- Software: Primer Express® Software v3.0.1 - for TaqMan® probe and SYBR® primer design
- Tool: TaqMan® Assay Search Tool
- Tool: OligoPerfect™ - free program for SYBR® primer design
- Tool: Gene Expression Troubleshooting Tool
- Tool: Tm Calculator (Thermo Scientific™)
- Tool: Multiple Primer Analyzer (Thermo Scientific™) - helps you analyze and compare multiple primer sequences simultaneously
- Tool: Reaction Setup with DyNAmo qPCR Kits (Thermo Scientific™)
- Tool: qPCR Efficiency Calculator (Thermo Scientific™) - gives the amplification efficiency of a qPCR reaction based on the slope of the standard curve
Our Genetic Analysis Custom Products and Services team offers a wide range of choices that include customized reagents such as master mixes or custom-designed TaqMan® assays. We will work with you to develop a custom solution that fits your needs.
Our Custom Products and Services team can handle large projects when you do not have access to all the right equipment or reagents. Our contract research work includes designing and performing experiments including sample preparation, data analysis, and reporting for many different applications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.