Protein A chromatography relies on the specific binding of antibodies to an immobilized Protein A ligand. Native Protein A or surface Protein A (SPA), is a 55-kDa bacterial cell wall-derived component that naturally binds to IgG molecules.
Modifications to the first generation of Protein A ligands has given way to highly robust and caustic stable purification resins that allow you to design antibody purification processes with greater flexibility. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers Protein A chromatography resins which are designed to help you improve the efficiency and productivity of your antibody purification process.
Native Protein A has 5-homologous binding domains (A-E) that fold into a 3-helix bundle; each of which bind to proteins across a range of mammalian species, most notably human IgG. Long regarded as the platform of choice for antibody purification, Protein A binds to IgG1, IgG2 and IgG4 class molecules and has affinity towards:
- The CH2-CH3 interface of the antibody tail (Fc region).
- Multiple subsets of the Vh region referred to as the variable heavy chain region (Vh3).
Protein A Purification Solutions
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers various Protein A affinity resins constructed of different ligands and bead matrices. These resins are built to:
- Obtain high dynamic binding capacity
- Design processes with greater flexibility
- Improve impurity clearance and yield
- Reduce unit operations
Designed for high productivity, featuring a rigid agarose-based backbone. The engineered Protein A affinity ligand on this resin is equipped with:
- High dynamic resin binding capacity
- Increased alkaline stability
- Superior performance characteristics
MabCapture A Select Resin
The POROS MabCapture A Select resin is a high throughput Protein A resin optimized for the purification of monoclonal antibodies at higher flow rates.
- Full sequence Protein A ligand
- POROS resin backbone
- Suitable for higher flow rates
Events & Webinars
Pharmaceutical Grade Reagent. For Manufacturing and Laboratory Use Only.