Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- How do you label the FluoSpheres™ microspheres with dye?
- How many dye molecules are there in a single fluorescent microsphere?
- Are the FluoSpheres™ microspheres surfactant-free?
- I noticed that many of your microsphere products have sodium azide present, but I can’t have sodium azide in my application. How should I remove sodium azide from the microsphere solution?
- What microsphere product should I select to perform a point spread function?
- My FluoSpheres™ polystyrene microspheres are aggregating; what can I do to remedy this problem?
- I accidentally froze my microspheres; can I still use them?
- I’ve had my microspheres for over a year, and I’m wondering if they’re still good to use. What are some good ways to check their functionality?
- I sonicated my carboxylate-modified latex microspheres as recommended in the protocol, and I saw foaming in the solution. Should I be concerned?
- After washing and centrifugation, there was only a very small pellet left of my microsphere beads and the solution was transparent. Why is this?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Quantum Dots & Microspheres
- Overview: Molecular Probes™ School of Fluorescence
- Learning Center: Cell Analysis
- Cell Analysis Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: The Molecular Probes™ Handbook
- Images: Image Gallery
- Journal Articles: BioProbes Journal of Cell Biology Applications
- Newsletter: ProbesOnline™ Newsletter
- Protocols: Cell Analysis Protocols
- Tutorials: Fluorescence and Flow Cytometry Tutorials
IDC Surfactant-free Latex Beads
- Overview: IDC Surfactant-free Latex Beads
- Overview: Latex Bead Technical Overview
- Overview: Specialty Latex Beads
- Overview: Super Active Latex Beads
- Overview: High-Activity Latex Beads
- Protocol: Latex Bead Protein Coupling Protocols
- Technical Note: Useful Latex Bead Formulae
- Technical Note: Working with Latex Beads
- Overview: Fluorescent Microspheres
- Citation: Phagocytosis: Flow Cytometric Quantitation with Fluorescent Microspheres
- Citation: Fluorescent Latex Microspheres as a Retrograde Neuronal Marker for In Vivo and In Vitro Studies of Visual Cortex
- Guide: Microspheres
- Guide: Microspheres for Tracing
- Guide: Custom Particles/Microspheres
- Table: Available Fluorescent Microspheres
Microspheres as Reference Standards
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer : Plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab.
- Cell Staining Simulation Tool: Create your perfectly labeled fluorescent cell and share it with your colleagues using the email or print function.
- Antibody Search Tool
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer Mobile App: An app to plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab. This mobile version of SpectraViewer acts as an extension of our online Fluorescence SpectraViewer.
- Alexa Fluor™ Selection Guide Widget: A widget designed to provide you with a concise and informative set of criteria for choosing the optimal Alexa Fluor™ dye for your antibody or protein labeling application.
- Cell Imaging Reagent Guide & Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent dyes, reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology-related fluorescence microscopy applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling and secondary detection.
- 3D Cell Simulation & Cell Staining Tool (for iPad™ device): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Molecular Probes™ dyes.
- Gibco™ Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Version 3.0 now has eight calculators, including a new Specific Productivity Calculator for use with fed-batch cell culture processes and a Transfection calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
- Flow Cytometry Reagent Guide and Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology–related flow cytometry applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling, and secondary detection.
Our custom microsphere service is efficient and confidential, and we guarantee the quality of our work.
All the components necessary to develop the most appropriate assay for your research or discovery target of interest are available from us with our custom solutions. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Let us take the hassle out of your hands with a custom solution for you.
With a proven track record of over 18,000 custom antibody projects completed to date, our custom antibody development, purification, and screening services deliver the quality, consistency, and performance you need. Once your custom project is underway, you can track the real-time progress of your project via OpenProject™ software. Our manufacturing facilities are ISO 13485:2003 certified and registered with the FDA. We offer USDA, and OLAW accreditation standard, and AAALAC form accreditation by special request.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.