Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What are the differences between the Countess II and Countess II FL Automated Cell Counters?
- Can I use the Countess II FL instrument without light cubes if I do not need fluorescence?
- Will the Countess II and Countess II FL Automated Cell Counters give the same cell concentration values as the original Countess Automated Cell Counter?
- What do the Countess II and Countess II FL instruments use to distinguish live and dead cells?
- With the Countess II and Countess II FL instruments, can I show both live/dead and fluorescent results using the same count and a single display?
- I would like to download the software for my Countess II and Countess II FL instruments and don’t know where to find it. Can you please help?
- The Countess II or Countess II FL instrument screen is dark on one side but brighter on the other. How can I fix this?
- I’m not getting the appropriate concentration for the Countess test beads. What could be wrong?
- With the Countess II and Countess II FL instruments, I’m getting variable counts for the same sample of cells. What could cause this?
- My USB is not recognized by the Countess II or Countess II FL instrument or I cannot perform the software update. What should I do?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Automated Cell Counters
- Overview: Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
- Overview: Countess II Automated Cell Counter
- Overview: Molecular Probes School of Fluorescence
- Learning Center: Cell Analysis
- Cell Analysis Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Learning Center: Cell Culture & Transfection
- Cell Culture & Transfection Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Demo Request: Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter Demo Request
- Guide: The Molecular Probes Handbook
- Instrument Registration: Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter Instrument Registration
- Journal Articles: BioProbes Journal of Cell Biology Applications
- Newsletter: ProbesOnline Newsletter
- Protocol: Counting Cells in a Hemocytometer
- Selection: EVOS™ Light Cube Selection Guide
- Table: Dye Compatibility
- Tutorials: Fluorescence Tutorials
- Video: Using the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
- Video: Updating Software on the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
- Video: Changing the EVOS Light Cubes on the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
- Video: Using the Reusable Hemocytometer on the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
- Video: Adjusting Focus on the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
- Video: Performing a Simple Brightfield Count on the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer Mobile App: An app to plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab. This mobile version of SpectraViewer acts as an extension of our online Fluorescence SpectraViewer.
- Alexa Fluor Selection Guide Widget: A widget designed to provide you with a concise and informative set of criteria for choosing the optimal Alexa Fluor dye for your antibody or protein labeling application.
- Cell Imaging Reagent Guide & Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent dyes, reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology-related fluorescence microscopy applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling and secondary detection.
- 3D Cell Simulation & Cell Staining Tool (for iPad device): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Molecular Probes dyes.
- Gibco Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Version 3.0 now has eight calculators, including a new Specific Productivity Calculator for use with fed-batch cell culture processes and a Transfection calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
All the components necessary to develop the most appropriate assay for your research or discovery target of interest are available from us with our custom solutions. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Let us take the hassle out of your hands with a custom solution for you.
With a proven track record of over 18,000 custom antibody projects completed to date, our custom antibody development, purification, and screening services deliver the quality, consistency, and performance you need. Once your custom project is underway, you can track the real-time progress of your project via OpenProject™ software. Our manufacturing facilities are ISO 13485:2003 certified and registered with the FDA. We offer USDA, and OLAW accreditation standard, and AAALAC form accreditation by special request.
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.