Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What dyes can I use to detect reactive oxygen species (ROS) in my bacteria?
- How can I count my bacteria by flow cytometry?
- What products are available for environmental microbiology testing?
- What are the benefits of the Dynabeads™ magnetic beads microbiology enrichment products?
- I have a mix of live bacteria and platelet cells, and I need to be able to separate out the bacteria. Do you have a suggestion?
- When using the Live/Dead™ BacLight™ Bacterial Viability and Counting Kit, for flow cytometry, some cells seem to have both red and green signal. Are these cells dead or alive or dying?
- How can I remove mycoplasma contamination from my cell culture medium?
- The bacteria do not lyse with B-PER reagent. What is the problem?
- How do I store yeast long term? Can I freeze them at –80°C like bacteria? What is the shelf life of frozen stocks?
Guides and tools
- Overview: Microbiological Analysis
- Overview: Microbiology Assays for Flow Cytometry
- Overview: FimTracer™ Biofilm Stains
- Overview: Microbiological Culture
- Overview: Microbial Viability
- Overview: Microbial Sequencing
- Overview: Molecular Probes™ School of Fluorescence
- Learning Center: Microbiology
- Microbiology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Learning Center: Cell Analysis
- Cell Analysis Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: The Molecular Probes™ Handbook
- Images: Image Gallery
- Journal Articles: BioProbes Journal of Cell Biology Applications
- Newsletter: ProbesOnline™ Newsletter
- Protocols: Cell Analysis Protocols
- Tutorials: Fluorescence and Flow Cytometry Tutorials
Analysis of Bacteria
- Overview: Bacteria Counting and Enumeration Assays for Flow Cytometry
- Overview: Bacterial Viability and Vitality Assays for Flow Cytometry
- Overview: Bacterial Culture
Analysis of Yeast
- Overview: Yeast Viability and Vitality Assays for Flow Cytometry
- Overview: Yeast Culture
Analysis of Viruses, Algae and Parasites
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer Mobile App: An app to plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab. This mobile version of SpectraViewer acts as an extension of our online Fluorescence SpectraViewer.
- Alexa Fluor™ Selection Guide Widget: A widget designed to provide you with a concise and informative set of criteria for choosing the optimal Alexa Fluor™ dye for your antibody or protein labeling application.
- Cell Imaging Reagent Guide & Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent dyes, reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology-related fluorescence microscopy applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling and secondary detection.
- 3D Cell Simulation & Cell Staining Tool (for iPad™ device): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Molecular Probes® dyes.
- Gibco™ Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Version 3.0 now has eight calculators, including a new Specific Productivity Calculator for use with fed-batch cell culture processes and a Transfection calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
- Flow Cytometry Reagent Guide and Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology–related flow cytometry applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling, and secondary detection.
All the components necessary to develop the most appropriate assay for your research or discovery target of interest are available from us with our custom solutions. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Let us take the hassle out of your hands with a custom solution for you.
With a proven track record of over 18,000 custom antibody projects completed to date, our custom antibody development, purification, and screening services deliver the quality, consistency, and performance you need. Once your custom project is underway, you can track the real-time progress of your project via OpenProject™ software. Our manufacturing facilities are ISO 13485:2003 certified and registered with the FDA. We offer USDA, and OLAW accreditation standard, and AAALAC form accreditation by special request.
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco™ quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.