Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What are the buffering conditions I should use for my CO2 incubator when culturing mammalian cells?
- What is the difference between an adherent cell culture and a suspension cell culture?
- How can I determine cell viability?
- What aspects of cell culture media can be customized?
- What does heat-inactivation do to the serum?
- What factors can contribute to rapid cell death/culture failure?
- I have no viable cells after thawing my stock. What could be the cause of this?
- My cells are growing very slowly. What could be the cause of this?
- I’m seeing a rapid pH shift in my medium. What should I do?
- How can I decontaminate my cultures?
Guides and Tools
- Brochure: Gibco Sera – Recognized Leader in Quality
- Brochure: Gibco Sera – Trusted Cell Culture Quality
- Checklist: Aseptic Techniques Checklist
- Custom Form: Custom Media Request Form
- Fact Sheet: Gibco Media Bottles
- Protocol: Media and Balanced Salt Solutions Preparation from Powder and Concentrates
- Tutorial: Comparison of Disposable Mixing Systems using Gibco AGT for Preparation of Large Volumes of Media
- Overview: Gibco Cell Culture Media
- Overview: pH & CO2 Levels
- Overview: Cell Culture Environment
- Overview: Cell Culture Contamination
- Overview: Cell Culture Antibiotics
- Overview: Cell Culture Morphology
- Overview: Guidelines for Maintaining Cultured Cells
- Overview: Fetal Bovine Serum
- Overview: Adherent Cell Culture vs. Suspension Cell Culture
- Overview: Recommended Sera Supplementations for Tested Cell Lines
- Overview: Useful Information for Various Sizes of Cell Culture Dishes and Flasks
- Overview: AGT (Advance Granulation Technology)
- Learning Center: Cell Culture & Transfection
- Cell Culture & Transfection Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Certification: ISIA Traceability Certified
- Guide: Gibco Cell Culture Basics Handbook
- Protocols: Cell Culture Protocols
- Protocols: Subculturing Adherent Cells
- Protocols: Subculturing Suspension Cells
- Selection: Which Cell Dissociation Reagent is Right for You?
- Training: Gibco Virtual Training Labs
- User Bulletin: Aseptic Techniques Checklist
- Video: Introduction to Cell Culture
- Video: Sterile Technique
- Video: Passaging Cells
- Video: Freezing Cells
- Video: Thawing Cells
- Video: AGT Dry Media Format in Your Large-Scale Manufacturing
- Video: AGT Dry Media Format in Your R&D
- Gibco iMATCH Sera Lot Matching Tool: Our FBS specialists can help you find the most consistent or highest-performing lot of serum available with the iMATCH tool, which uses a proprietary algorithm to select lots using a selection (or all) of certificate of analysis parameters
- Gibco Media Configurator: Adjust many of our Gibco media formulations to create a custom cell culture medium that's just right for you.
- Cell Lines Database
- Cell Imaging Guide with Protocols (iPad™ device version): Find fluorescent dyes, reagents and protocols for cell biology related fluorescence microscopy applications.
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer: Plot and compare spectra, check the spectral compatibility for fluorophores and email the configuration to yourself in a clear printable format.
- Gibco Cell Culture Companion: Capture and store vital experiment information on your iPhone™ or iPad™ devices in the lab as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves. And when you're finished, you can export all data files to your Mac™ or PC.
- 3D Cell (iPad™ device version): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Invitrogen Molecular Probes dyes.
Custom Cell Culture Media Manufacturing Services
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
Gibco Bioprocess Services Project Solutions
The Bioproduction Process Development Team provides in-the-field scientific and business support for Gibco cell line and media products as well as Gibco PD-Direct Services. The unique combination of process science consultants and business development managers work globally to provide product strategies and customized solutions.
Gibco Custom Media Configurator
Adjust many of our Gibco media formulations to create a custom cell culture medium that's just right for you. Add and remove components, customize packaging options and choose QC tests. Customize Gibco cell culture media products from 1 L to 10,000 L.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.