The addition of primary amine groups to oligonucleotides are utilized to attach a variety of modifiers (eg. NHS ester fluors) or the attachment to a solid surface. Choose from either 5′-Aminohexyl Linker or TFA-amino linker to add a primary amine to the 5' position of your oligonucleotide sequence. Or for the addition of a phosphate to the 5' position, choose phosphorylating amidite. All three can be found below in the Linkers drop down menu. Spacer phosphoramidites can be utilized to change the oligonucleotide conformation and/or reduce steric hinderance for applications such as aptamers and tagging/labeling assays.
Linker and spacer phosphoramidites by synthesizer compatibility
|Linker||phosphorylating CEP||phosphorylating CEP||phosphorylating CEP||Contact us|
|Spacer||C3 CEP||Contact us||Contact us|
Linkers and 5'-modifiers
The addition of primary amino groups to oligonucleotides are utilized to attach a variety of modifiers (eg. fluorescent dye, etc.) or attachment to a solid surface. Thermo Scientific amino linkers, TFA and MMT phosphoramidites are used for the addition of a primary amine to the 5′ position of an oligonucleotide. Phosphorylating hosphoramidites are used for addition of a phosphate group to the 5′ position of an oligonucleotide (final synthesis addition), or 3′-end when used as the first addition off of any solid support.
- The 5′ amino modifier amidites are supplied with MMT (27-0035) or TFA (27-1792) protection
- The MMT modifier allows for trityl-on purification of the resulting oligonucleotide and is a suitable choice when wanting to purify by reverse phase techniques.
- The base-labile TFA group is a good choice for 5′-amino modification when oligo purification isn’t necessary, prior to conjugation. The TFA group is removed during ammonia deprotection.
- Oligos with an amino modification can also be attached to surfaces in DNA chip applications.
Click images to enlarge
|5′-Aminohexyl Linker CEP||TFA-Aminolinker CEP||Phosphorylating|
|Molecular weight||589.75 g/mol||413.42 g/mol||656.66 g/mol|
|HPLC purity||≥ 97.0%||NA||≥ 95.0%|
|31P NMR purity||NA||≥ 90.0%||NA|
|Shipping condition||Dry ice||Dry ice||Ambient, desiccated. Keep vial upright during storage|
|Water content||NA||≤ 0.3%||NA|
|Storage condition||–20 °C||–20 °C||–20 °C|
|Request a quote||Request a quote||Order now|
- Utilize C3 spacer amidite to incorporate a three carbon spacer or add sequentially to create longer spacer arms.
- Select C18 HEG amidite to reduce possible steric hinderance effects and/or protection from exonucleases.
|C3-Spacer-CEP||HEG (Spacer 18) phosphoramidite|
|Molecular weight||578.7 g/mol||784.9 g/mol|
|HPLC purity||≥ 98.0%||≥ 95.0%|
|31P NMR purity||≥ 98.0%||≥ 98%|
|Material Source||non-animal source (no TSE/BSE risk)|
|Shipping / Storage condition||Dry ice / -20° C|
|Request a quote||Order now|
Process and supply chain control
- Processes are monitored from material procurement through final QC and product release, providing batch-to-batch reproducibility
- A controlled raw material supply chain and established vendor partnerships ensure consistency and security of supply
- Purity of each spacer-modified phosphoramidite lot is assessed by HPLC and 31P NMR analyses
- Rigorously controlled manufacturing processes minimize levels of reactive P(III) impurities which could be incorporated into the oligonucleotide and result in the accumulation of by-products
- Common oligo synthesizer pack sizes are available for immediate delivery
- Custom and bulk packaging are also available. Contact us to learn more.
- Custom manufacturing services are available to assist in the development or scale-up of phosphoramidite compounds
- Specialty phosphoramidites can be manufactured with base or sugar (2′, 3′ or 5′ positions) modifications
Not finding what you are looking for? We also offer DNA phosphoramidites, RNA phosphoramidites, specialty phosphoramidites, dye-labeled phosphoramidites, 2′-modifications, and succinates and CPG support synthesis supports. Contact us to learn more.