GIBCO® Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts
- Isolated from mouse (strain ICR) embryos at day E13.5
- Expanded and inactivated by gamma irradiation before cryopreservation at passage 2 (P2)
- Exhibit more than 80% post-thaw viability
- ESC/iPSCs cultured on GIBCO® MEFs retain normal morphology and pluripotent marker expression
- 1 vial contains approximately 1 x 106 cells
Morphology of ESCs grown on GIBCO® MEFs (inactivated)
Figure 1. Bright-field images of ESCs.
(A) H9 human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) cultured on a layer of MEF feeder cells. The bright-field image of the hESCs at passage 1 was obtained with a 10x objective.
(B) C57 mouse embryonic stem cells (mESCs) cultured on a layer of MEF feeder cells. Bright-field images of the mESCs were taken 2 days after plating, with a 10x objective.
ESCs cultured on GIBCO ® MEFs retain pluripotent marker expression
Figure 2. Immunostaining of H9 (hESCs) cultured on MEFs for Oct4 expression.
(A) Green color indicates Oct4 expression.
(B) Blue color is (nuclear staining) DAPI staining of the same field. Image taken at 10x.