Leak checks on the Thermo Scientific High-Volume Air Samplers should be performed after sampler assembly, motor maintenance and at routine intervals. You will need a flow calibrator such as the G2835 Vari-flo* or the top loading orifice calibration kit G2535*.
• Remove the currently installed filter and manometer from the Hi-vol sampler
• Install the calibrator plate from the flow calibration kit. Insure that the gasket on the plate is not damaged
• Install calibration FTS (flow transfer standard) to top of unit where filter installs
• Connect the Hi-vol motor to an AC Power source and allow it 10 to 15 minutes warm-up
• Cover the hole on top of the FTS as well the pressure tap on the side of the Hi-vol with tape and listen for a ‘high-pitched’ whistle made by escaping air
• If a whistle is heard, a leak is present and needs to be resolved. Check connections and re-check leak. Do not block FTS opening for more than 30 seconds
If you have additional questions, call the Technical Support team at (866) 282-0430 and select option 2.
*To order spare parts, call (866) 282-0430, option 1 or fill out the online part request form.