Our MagMAX family of products is designed to provide consistent and reliable nucleic acid purification using silica–magnetic particle technology. Magnetic beads offer many benefits for isolating RNA from cells, tissue, or blood and viral RNA from cell-free samples. The technology at the core of the MagMAX product line:
- Binds RNA more efficiently than silica-membrane methods
- Offers higher, more consistent RNA yields
- Allows RNA to be eluted in as little as 20 µL of nuclease-free water, resulting in more concentrated RNA
MagMAX nucleic acid isolation kits were developed for the MagMAX Express Particle Processors to extract both genomic and viral nucleic acid from diverse sample matrices including cells, tissue, blood, and cell-free media. Use the table below to find the MagMAX kit to best fit your needs. Whether your needs center on gene expression analysis, small RNA research, microarray profiling, RNA sequencing, or anything in between, there's a MagMAX product to fit your workflow.
MagMAX mirVana Total RNA Isolation Kit
This kit is designed for isolation of total RNA, including small RNAs such as microRNAs, from a wide variety of sample matrices including serum and plasma. The kit uses MagMAX magnetic-bead technology, ensuring reproducible recovery of high-quality RNA that is suitable for a broad range of applications, including TaqMan miRNA Detection Assays.
Learn more about the MagMAX mirVana Total RNA Isolation Kit
MagMAX nucleic acid isolation kits selection guide
|Viral||For blood||For FFPE|
|Microarrays & RNA Sequencing||Total Nucleic Acid||Total RNA||DNA|
Recovery of total RNA from a wide range of cell numbers and sample types
Recovery of total RNA from a wide range of cell numbers and sample types. (A) RNA was isolated from 25 cells to 2 x 106 cells (K562) in 8 replicate wells using the MagMAX-96 Total RNA Isolation Kit. Equivalent volumes of the recovered RNA (4% of eluted volume) were used for qRT-PCR (10 µL reactions) targeting human RNA polymerase II mRNA. The percent CV among Ct values for the 8 replicate samples of each cell number input was less than 3%. (B) Analysis on an Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer showed highly intact RNA isolated from HeLa cells, mouse kidney, corn leaf, and corn kernels.
Challenges of working with biological fluids and cell-free samples
- Nucleic acid isolation from biological fluids and cell-free samples (serum, plasma, swabs, cell culture media, blood, semen, and milk) presents unique challenges including low concentrations of extractable nucleic acid, large volumes to be processed, and sample complexity. The isolation procedure must also be compatible with real-time PCR.
- MagMAX Nucleic Acid Isolation Kits address all of these issues, without using organic solvents or nucleic acid precipitation, minimizing the problems often encountered with filter-based nucleic acid isolation methods (clogging, large elution volumes, and inconsistent yields).
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.