Did you know that Applied Biosystems™ TaqMan Fast Advanced Master Mix, TaqPath™ 1-Step Multiplex Master Mix, and TaqMan Gene Expression Assays outperform Roche™ reagents on the Roche LightCycler 480 II™ real-time PCR system?
It’s true. We tested TaqMan Fast Advanced Master Mix, TaqPath 1-Step Multiplex Master Mix, and TaqMan Gene Expression qPCR assays on a Roche LightCycler 480 II real-time PCR system, and they outperformed the Roche LightCycler 480 Probes Master and LightCycler Multiplex RNA Virus Master.
Specifically, we conducted studies of TaqMan Gene Expression Assays with TaqMan Fast Advanced Master Mix and TaqPath 1-Step Multiplex Master Mix on the Roche LightCycler 480 II system. TaqMan Assays don’t require optimization and are guaranteed* to perform.
For the TaqMan Gene Expression Assays with TaqMan Fast Advanced Master Mix we looked at:
- Singleplex vs. duplex performance
- Dynamic range
For TaqMan Gene Expression Assays with TaqPath 1-Step Multiplex Master Mix we looked at:
- Singleplex vs. 4-plex performance
- Dynamic range
Some highlights of the results are shown below.
TaqMan Gene Expression Assays with TaqPath 1-Step Multiplex Master Mix
Benefits of TaqMan Assays
- Quality —high-quality manufacturing for reproducible results from lot to lot
- Performance—superior sensitivity, specificity, and accuracy
- Content—the largest collection of primer and probe sets, using an extensively verified assay design pipeline
- Results—obtain data you can trust
If performance of a predesigned TaqMan Assay does not meet these specifications, we’ll replace it at no cost or credit your account*. For more information, and to see the full terms and conditions, go to thermofisher.com/taqmanguarantee
- Best-in-class performance—superior sensitivity, accuracy, dynamic range, and specificity compared to standard mixes in standard mode
- Enhanced benchtop stability—stable at room temperature for up to 72 hr in preassembled reactions
- Optimization for multiplexing—verified for duplexing with exogenous and endogenous internal positive control assays
- Reduced run times on fast and standard instrumentation—optimized for fast mode on fast instruments and fast cycling conditions on standard instruments
- Seamless transitioning to your experiments—verified with TaqMan Assays for gene expression and microRNAs, and TaqMan array microfluidic cards
- Ability to detect up to four targets in one reaction
- High sensitivity to detect low-copy targets with reproducible Ct
- Wide dynamic range compatible with multiplexing applications*
- Tolerance of inhibitors commonly found in clinical research samples
- Manufactured in an ISO 13485-certified facility to help ensure lot-to-lot consistency
- Available with Mustang Purple and No ROX versions for universal qPCR instrument and dye compatibility
Interested in other qPCR applications? Visit our Real-Time PCR Reagents and Kits section where you can request a free sample or learn more about products for gene expression, genotyping, copy number variation analysis, virus detection, and multiplexing, one-step qPCR master mixes, and general purpose reagents.
* For more information about the TaqMan guarantee, and to see the full terms and conditions, go to taqmanguarantee.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. TaqPath 1-Step Multiplex Master Mix is a General Purpose Reagent for Laboratory Use. © 2018 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its subsidiaries unless otherwise specified. TaqMan is a registered trademark of Roche Molecular Systems, Inc., used under permission and license. Roche is a trademark of Hoffman-La Roche., and LightCycler is a registered trademark of Roche Diagnostics GmbH, which are not affiliated with Thermo Fisher Scientific. The statements herein have not been reviewed or endorsed by Roche or its subsidiaries.