Enzyme Substrate Profiling
ProtoArray® Human Protein Microarrays allow for easy identification of kinase, methyltransferase, and ubiquitin ligase substrates, enabling researchers to discover and identify new targets in as little as one day.
View All Products
Easily profile enzyme substrates
ProtoArray® Human Protein Microarrays are an excellent method to identify enzyme substrates. Using this method you can profile your purified enzyme or cell lysates against 9,000 functional proteins and identify possible targets. Since the identity of every protein on the array is known, you can immediately identify any proteins that your protein modifies. The protocol has been adapted to study numerous modifications including phosphorylation, methylation, ubiquitination, SUMOylation, NEDDylation, and nitrosylation.
Unlike other systems for analyzing protein modification, the enzyme substrate profiling application allows researchers to discover and identify new targets in as little as one day. In addition to testing enzyme activity, inhibitors and other compounds can be added to the assay to profile their effect on the enzyme substrate profile. This technique allows researchers to rapidly assess the specificities of drugs on enzymes.
The ProtoArray® Enzyme Substrate Profiling application is available either as a custom service or as a product.
- Rincón et al. (2010) Development and Validation of a Method for Profiling Post-Translational Modification Activities Using Protein Microarrays. PLoS One 5:e11332.
- Merbl Y and Kirschner MW (2009) Large-scale detection of ubiquitination substrates using cell extracts and protein microarrays. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2009 Feb 24;106(8):2543–8. Epub 2009 Jan 30.
- Lin Y et al. (2009) Protein acetylation microarray reveals that NuA4 controls key metabolic target regulating gluconeogenesis. Cell 136: 1073–1084.
- Gupta R. et al. (2007) Ubiquitination screen using protein microarrays for comprehensive identification of Rsp5 substrates in yeast. Mol Systems Biol 3: 1–12.
- Pre-service consultation—receive a consultation session with our experienced service scientists to optimize your experimental design
- Post-service comprehensive report—a complete report detailing the profiling experiment and results will be delivered to you in approximately 4 weeks
- Technical support—our responsive support and dedicated staff will be available to you through the completion of your project
Learn more about our Enzyme Substrate Service with ProtoArray®v5.0.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.