PureLink Low-Endotoxin kits enable rapid and fast purification of ultraclean plasmid DNA
Invitrogen PureLink Low Endotoxin Plasmid Purification Kits offer researchers two technologies to isolate transfection-grade plasmid DNA. The PureLink HiPure Low-Endotoxin Plasmid Purification mega and giga kits use an anion-exchange membrane technology that is a novel proprietary method to perform plasmid DNA isolation in about half the time of current standard protocols using anion exchange resin columns. Alternatively, the PureLink Fast Low-Endotoxin Plasmid Purification maxi and midi kits utilize a fast advanced-silica membrane technology that dramatically reduces purification protocol to around 30 minutes. In addition, the advanced silica technology requires no alcohol precipitation which also aids in reducing the preparation time. Both the anion-exchange and fast advanced- silica technologies when used in combination with the vacuum-assisted workflow dramatically reduce plasmid purification time.
The fast and simple protocol is designed to provide up to 0.4 mg (Midi prep) and 1.5 mg (Maxi prep) of high-quality low-endotoxin plasmid DNA suitable for standard transfection of robust cell lines and applications such as PCR, in vitro Transcription, Cloning, and Sequencing.
- Substantial time savings—fast Advanced-Silica Technology requires no alcohol precipitation and when used in combination with the vacuum assisted workflow provides high-purified low-endotoxin plasmid DNA in as little as 30 minutes
- High yields—isolate up to 0.4 mg (midi prep) or 1.5 mg (maxi prep) of high-quality plasmid DNA
- Low-Endotoxin DNA—obtain plasmid with less than 1 EU/ug, ideal for standard transfections and all molecular biology applications (e.g. PCR, Cloning, Sequencing, etc.)
- Colored buffers—help to provide easy step by step process to obtain high quality low-endotoxin plasmid purification
Figure 1. Achieve high yields of low-endotoxin transfection-quality plasmid DNA with PureLink Fast kits when compared to kits from a competitor. Two high-copy plasmids with different backbones were purified using Invitrogen PureLink Fast Low-Endotoxin Midi and Maxi Plasmid Purification Kits and the QIAGEN Plasmid Plus kit as described in the product manuals. Data for plasmid yields are shown in the graph; endotoxin values (EU/μg) are provided only for PureLink Fast kit preparations.
Figure 2. Invitrogen PureLink HiPure Expi kits, with advanced anion exchange technology, produce superior yields of transfection quality DNA. Comparison of the total yields of Invitrogen pcDNA 3.3 plasmid purified using PureLink HiPure Expi technology versus competitor megapreps with increasing bacterial culture volumes.
The PureLink HiPure Expi Plasmid Megaprep and Gigaprep kits include vacuum filtration columns that provide bacterial filtration without centrifugation, enabling extremely fast process times. The kits typically isolates 4 mg to 12 mg of high-quality, ultrapure plasmid DNA with inherently low endotoxin levels from 500 mL to 2.5 L of bacterial culture.
Advantages of the kit include:
- High yield—isolate up to 4 mg (Megaprep) and up to 12 mg (Gigaprep) of high-quality plasmid DNA from a single purification using 1 L of bacterial culture
- Purity—inherently low endotoxin levels (typically 0.1–1.0 EU/µg), and A260/A280 >1.8, making it ideal for mammalian cell transfection
- Simplicity and speed—with the vacuum-assisted protocol, typical plasmid isolation takes only 90 minutes to complete
Figure 3. PureLink HiPure Expi kits offer superior yields of ultrapure, transfection-quality plasmid DNA with an accelerated protocol time. The combination of advanced anion exchange technology and vacuum assistance used with PureLink HiPure Expi kits dramatically reduces overall protocol time.
Nucleic Acid Purification and Analysis Support Center
Find tips, troubleshooting help, and resources for your nucleic acid purification & analysis applications.
- Protocol Videos—Videos to help you isolate nucleic acids using a variety of techniques.
- DNA & RNA Selection Guide—Find the right purification products.
- Videos—View our library of DNA & RNA purification and analysis videos.
- Application Notes—Explore our application notes from scientists sharing data for isolation products
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.