microRNA & small RNA Isolation
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) and small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) modulate gene expression. Along with several other classes of small noncoding RNAs (e.g. snRNA, snoRNA and piRNA), they have tremendous impact on a variety of biological processes.
While most traditional RNA isolation methods are not very efficient at recovering these smaller RNAs, several kits developed by our RNA experts offer quantitative recovery of small RNAs from a variety of sample types.
Which microRNA & small RNA isolation kit is right for you?
|30 min isolation from most samples||Recover all RNAs as well as proteins||HTP isolation of total RNA enriched for small RNAs||Complete kit, sample-to-qPCR from cells|
|Order now||Order now||Order now||Order now|
|mirVana™ miRNA Isolation Kit (with or without phenol)||mirVana Paris||MagMAX™ mirVana Total RNA Isolation Kit||TaqMan® microRNA Cells-to-CT™ Kit|
|RNA types isolated||Small & large RNA molecules||Small & large RNA molecules||Small & large RNA molecules||Small & large RNA molecules|
|Prep time||20 minutes||30 minutes||<1 hour||10 minutes|
|Compatible sample types||Most sample types||Most sample types||Serum/Plasma, whole blood, Fresh/frozen tissue, cells, urine||Cells|
|Isolation method||Highest purity and convenience; includes both organic extraction and silica column||Highest purity and convenience; includes both organic extraction and silica column||Scalable, flexible format with magnetic beads||Cells-to-CT™ direct lysis, no purification required|
|Reverse transcription reagents included||No||No||No||TaqMan® MicroRNA Reverse Transcription Kit|
|qPCR Master mix included||No||No||No||TaqMan®|
|Kit size||40 preps||40 preps||96 preps||100 lysis reactions - plus - reagents for 200 qRT-PCR assays|
- Johnson CD, Esquela-Kerscher A, Stefani G, Byrom M, Kelnar K, Ovcharenko D, Wilson M, Wang X, Shelton J, Shingara J, Chin L, Brown D, Slack FJ. The let-7 MicroRNA Represses Cell Proliferation Pathways in Human Cells. Cancer Res. 2007 Aug 15;67(16):7713-22. [Abstract]
- Shingara J, Keiger K, Shelton J, Laosinchai-Wolf W, Powers P, Conrad R, Brown D, Labourier E. An optimized isolation and labeling platform for accurate microRNA expression profiling.RNA. 2005 Jul 25; [Epub ahead of print] [Abstract]
- Johnson SM, Grosshans H, Shingara J, Byrom M, Jarvis R, Cheng A, Labourier E, Reinert KL, Brown D, Slack FJ. RAS is regulated by the let-7 microRNA family. Cell. 2005 Mar 11;120(5):635-47. [Abstract]
- Cheng AM, Byrom MW, Shelton J, Ford LP. Antisense inhibition of human miRNAs and indications for an involvement of miRNA in cell growth and apoptosis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005 Mar 1;33(4):1290-7. [Abstract]
- Potent Reagents for miRNA Studies
- Getting Started with MicroRNA Research
- MicroRNA Cloning Overview
- Prepare siRNA and miRNA Probes in Just 1 Hour
- Tips from the Bench: The Optimal Thickness of FFPE Sections for miRNA Isolation
- Isolate and Quantitate miRNA from Plants
- Tips from the Bench: High Throughput miRNA Isolation
- Tips from the Bench: Stability of miRNA at Sub-Zero Temperatures
- Your Data: Isolation of miRNAs from Pancreatic Samples
- Isolating miRNA for Profiling Studies
- Extract microRNA from Blood Samples
- Examine microRNA Profiles from Archived, Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded (FFPE) Tissues
- Got Small RNA?
- Get the miRNA Out—Plant Applications
- Presentation: Isolation & Detection of Small RNA Molecules
- Definition and Overview
- miRNA Function
- Expression & Targets
- miRNA Processing
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.