Cell Viability, Proliferation, Cryopreservation, and Apoptosis Support
Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What kind of controls should I use with the alamarBlue™ Cell Viability Reagent?
- How does media affect the PrestoBlue™ Cell Viability Reagent?
- How do I prepare dead cell controls for LIVE/DEAD™ cell viability assays?
- Can I store the stock solutions of the CellTrace™ reagents and how do you recommend storing them?
- Can I substitute reagents from the Click -iT™ Plus kits into the original Click-iT™ kits or vice versa?
- What causes trypan blue to form a precipitate?
- It looks like my alamarBlue™ dye has precipitated. What should I do?
- I am using PrestoBlue™ reagent and am observing high background fluorescence values. What should I do?
- I am using the CellTrace™ Cell Proliferation reagents and am not obtaining good separation of my cell generation peaks. How can I improve the peak separation?
- I trypsinized my adherent cells and labeled with annexin V, and now my flow data is showing a high percentage of apoptotic cells even for control, untreated cells. What is the problem?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Cell Counting, Viability & Cryopreservation
- Overview: Cell Viability, Proliferation, and Function
- Overview: alamarBlue™ - Rapid & Accurate Cell Health Indicator
- Overview: Molecular Probes™ School of Fluorescence
- Learning Center: Cell Analysis
- Cell Analysis Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Learning Center: Cell Culture & Transfection
- Cell Culture & Transfection Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Brochure: Checking Vital Signs: Don’t Let Dead Cells Mislead You
- Guide: The Molecular Probes™ Handbook
- Images: Image Gallery
- Journal Articles: BioProbes Journal of Cell Biology Applications
- Newsletter: ProbesOnline™ Newsletter
- Protocol: Cyropreservation of Mammalian Cells
- Protocol: Freezing Cells
- Protocol: Thawing Frozen Cells
- Protocol: Trypan Blue Exclusion
- Protocol: alamarBlue™ Cell Viability Assay Protocol
- Protocol: PrestoBlue™ Cell Viability Reagent for Microplates Protocol
- Protocol: PrestoBlue™ and CyQuant™ Direct Confirmation Assay for Cell Viability Protocol
- Protocols: Cell Analysis Protocols
- Selection: Which Cryopreservation Product is Right for You?
- Selection: Compare Plate-based Viability Assays
- Tutorials: Fluorescence and Flow Cytometry Tutorials
Cell Viability Assays
- Overview: Cell Viability Assays for Imaging
- Overview: Cell Viability Assays for Flow Cytometry
- Overview: Cell Viability Assays for Microplate Analysis
Cell Proliferation Assays
- Overview: Cell Proliferation Assays for Imaging
- Overview: Cell Proliferation Assays for Flow Cytometry
- Overview: Cell Proliferation Assays for Microplate Analysis
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer - plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab.
- Cell Staining Simulation Tool: Create your perfectly labeled fluorescent cell and share it with your colleagues using the email or print function.
- Antibody Search Tool
- Gibco™ Media Configurator
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer Mobile App: An app to plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab. This mobile version of SpectraViewer acts as an extension of our online Fluorescence SpectraViewer.
- Alexa Fluor™ Selection Guide Widget: A widget designed to provide you with a concise and informative set of criteria for choosing the optimal Alexa Fluor™ dye for your antibody or protein labeling application.
- Cell Imaging Reagent Guide & Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent dyes, reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology-related fluorescence microscopy applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling and secondary detection.
- 3D Cell Simulation & Cell Staining Tool (for iPad™ device): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Molecular Probes™ dyes.
- Gibco™ Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Version 3.0 now has eight calculators, including a new Specific Productivity Calculator for use with fed-batch cell culture processes and a Transfection calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
- Flow Cytometry Reagent Guide and Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology–related flow cytometry applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling, and secondary detection.
All the components necessary to develop the most appropriate assay for your research or discovery target of interest are available from us with our custom solutions. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Let us take the hassle out of your hands with a custom solution for you.
With a proven track record of over 18,000 custom antibody projects completed to date, our custom antibody development, purification, and screening services deliver the quality, consistency, and performance you need. Once your custom project is underway, you can track the real-time progress of your project via OpenProject™ software. Our manufacturing facilities are ISO 13485:2003 certified and registered with the FDA. We offer USDA, and OLAW accreditation standard, and AAALAC form accreditation by special request.
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco™ quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.